songs not streaming

songs not streaming

Plan: Premium

Device

Macbook pro Early 2015

Operating System

Macos Mojave 10.14.5

My Question or Issue

I initially had an issue where songs that I saved on my android phone would not sync on my mac, and even if I searched for them manually, they wouldn't play. After a couple of reinstallations and reboots, my songs synced, but none of them are playing. I have a 100mbps internet connection, so that's definitely ruled out and other common fixes have been tried by me. This issue persisted for around 2 months and I'm disappointed that it hasn't been fixed yet.

6 Replies

hello @sx5

Try switching to offline Mode on all your devices and then wait 5-10 minutes. after that, it should work as usual.

hope this helps, have a nice day

~levi

Hey @sx5, welcome to the Community

Hope you're doing great!

Could you also try using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page?

I also noticed you're using an unreleased version of macOS Mojave. Could you try downgrading to the official release to see if that helps?

Thanks 🙂

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've tried the offline method; it still doesn't seem to work :/. I've also tried signing out everywhere.

Hey @sx5,

Could you try using the Remove Offline devices option from your Spotify account page?

I'd recommend checking this Spotify Answer to see if that helps.

Please note that you're on an unsupported version of macOS Mojave so if the above doesn't work I'd recommend downgrading to macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Have a nice day 🙂

I only have two devices synced to my account, my phone and my mac; you want me to remove them? Also, I cannot downgrade as my data would have to be erased 😕

Hey @sx5,

Yes but please note that if you've downloaded any music on these devices you'll have to redownload it. It will be faster because the cache won't be cleared by this method when you download them again.

Also, about downgrading, you can either use the Recovery Mode when booting the Mac up or the Mojave installer on the Mac App Store to go to 10.14.4 without losing data.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts