Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sound hiss

Solved!

sound hiss

Hi,

Today my spotify seems to play louder than the others days.

I'm a computing science engineer so not a noob in computing...I'm on maxed out macbook pro 2016 on High Sierra 10.13.4. Tried to reinstalled spotify from scratch and download latest version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78

It's like there is a treble and bass boost on every songs ! Don't have this problem on itunes. I tried changing the mac sample rate and put it to different sample rates but didn't change anything. Some songs just sound horrible with terrific hissing ! I already tried PRAM and SMC reset as well. Same result using the internal jack headphone output or my ibasso d14 usb dac. Don't get it it's really annoying 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For whoever reading upon this I found a fix ! Installed soundflower and using soundflower 64ch as audio output. No more distorted loudness effect! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

For whoever reading upon this I found a fix ! Installed soundflower and using soundflower 64ch as audio output. No more distorted loudness effect! 

I get the hissing in linux as well, with an Argon DA2 DAC, today only in the right channel. Stopped the playback, switched cables, got the hissing in the other speaker, switched cables back, hissing gone, probably because I stopped spotify then played another song. Something is definitely not right with Spotify

I get the same thing and it's annoying.

Hey @artful_dodger59,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community 🙂

We get that you've experienced some deteriorations in the audio quality of the songs you stream from Spotify. Is this still happening to you and is it with all the content you stream, or just with some specific titles? If it's the later, then perhaps you could send us the direct share links for those tunes, so we can take a closer look at them and advise you better.

In the meantime, we can suggest to log out and then to log back in, in the app twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between the app and your account and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues. Check if this would make any difference?

If the audio quality is still misbehaving for your account, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the whole app, to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one and keep in mind that it will also delete your downloaded content for Offline listening, so you might need to download it again. 

Hope something here helps and does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts