Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotAPI plugin error when launching Mac desktop player

Solved!

spotAPI plugin error when launching Mac desktop player

Since Spotify has removed app support in their player, now every time I launch I get the following error message (attached screen shot). I've done a clean reinstall but still get the error. How do I remove spotAPI?!?

Error

Spotify 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b (v1.0.2.6.g9977a14b-14) has not been tested with the plugin spotAPI (null) (v1.0). As a precaution, it has not been loaded. Please contact the plugin developer for further information.

Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 10.17.22 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I did this and it cleared up the issue...

According to: http://alexp2ad.github.io/SpotifyMacRemote/

Uninstall

To uninstall the plugin just quit Spotify and then open Finder and browse to Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > SIMBL > Plugins and delete SpotifyRemote.bundle

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@reflex99 wrote:

its in macintosh hd(or whatever your drive is called)>library>application support>SIMBL>plugins

This is an entirely different library folder than the similarly named macintosh hd>users>*YOUR USER NAME*>library>etc.

An important distinction to make.

Yes...this.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

That's weird...

I've passed this thread on for someone to take a look and see if this is a bug or not. It is currently the weekend, so I won't hear back for a few days.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Matt!

Hey @bengoshow

When reinstalling, have you also deleted all of the associated Spotify files and folders within Finder > Library?

More instructions relating to this can be found here: https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

I'd also suggest removing any record of Spotify within 'Library' before performing a reinstall.

Hi Pete,

I've tried a complete uninstall a couple times, even doing a keyword search and removing any files/folders with Spotify, but the error message still shows up when I launch the reinstalled app.

It's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. Maybe it will go away on the next upgrade.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ben

Same problem here, but with the plugin 'SpotifyRemote'.

The error message keeps showing up after a clean install. (uninstalled and removed everything with AppCleaner)

I don't use the plugin anymore, so I'd like to know if there's a way to remove it.

Thanks!

Thomas

Exactly the same issue here, but also with 'SpotifyRemote', which I also don't use.

Appreciate any help.

I'm getting the same error as the original post - spotAPI (null) (v1.0).

Same exact problem for me ! 
Clean install, Spotify 1.0.3.101, OS X 10.10.2.

nakwa
Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 11.37.20.png

is the problem resolved? I have this exact same problem. Ive tried everything. Im pretty sure I dont have the plugin anymore, but still it shows error..

Marked as solution

I did this and it cleared up the issue...

According to: http://alexp2ad.github.io/SpotifyMacRemote/

Uninstall

To uninstall the plugin just quit Spotify and then open Finder and browse to Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > SIMBL > Plugins and delete SpotifyRemote.bundle

Finally! Thank you!

Yeah, I tried to do that, but I couldn't find Spotify pluggin in my finder..

Same here - couldn't find the SIMBL folder in Application Support?

its in macintosh hd(or whatever your drive is called)>library>application support>SIMBL>plugins

This is an entirely different library folder than the similarly named macintosh hd>users>*YOUR USER NAME*>library>etc.

Marked as solution

@reflex99 wrote:

Yes...this.

Nice one! That was it...

Thankx!! That worked for me...  🙂

Suggested posts