Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify computer app saying offline with full internet access

spotify computer app saying offline with full internet access

Hi all,

I have been having issues with Spotify on my Macbook saying it is offline even though I have full internet connection. I have tried toggling the "offline" and "private" switches, logging in and out of spotify, quitting and reopening spotify and restarting my computer. None of these have worked. Spotify is working fine on my phone from the same account. Can anybody help please? Driving me nuts.

4 Replies

Please check settings of your firewall. Do you know how to do so?

I understand it right: internet connection works in other programms like your browser?

Thanks for your response!

I just had a look at my firewall settings and my firewall is turned off. The internet is working fine in other programmes - spotify just won't get a connection! I'm a bit stumped because it WAS working only a couple of weeks ago. I haven't changed anything or installed new software. Any other ideas?

Another note: I can't even access the spotify homepage at this stage via web search. It must be a firewall/proxy issue?? 

Sounds strange. 

If you turned of any firewalls, it can't be the problem. Are you using Proxy? Do you checked the system Proxy settings and also these itegrainte in Spotify?

Please check you system for any kind of malware, this is a typical behavior of malware.

Please try a reinstall of Spotify. You can download a serious file from a tech site from your country, like Chip.de in German, if you can't access to Spotify.com.

Suggested posts