Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify installer doesnt download - mac

Solved!

spotify installer doesnt download - mac

Hey guys I'm trying to get Spotify, but I can't even download the installer. There is no error message or anything... the download page loads, but nothing happens. If I click on "restart the download", the page simply reloads, and again nothing happens. I tried with three different browsers. Exact same problem with each one. I use a MacBook, OSX 10.5.8 Can somebody help me or point me towards an existing thread where I can find help? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @_rene ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The latest versions of Spotify no longer work on Mac OS X 10.5.x due to some technical limitations with the operating system.

There is however a legacy version of the application available for you, outlined in this post

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @_rene ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The latest versions of Spotify no longer work on Mac OS X 10.5.x due to some technical limitations with the operating system.

There is however a legacy version of the application available for you, outlined in this post

Peter

Peter

thank you very much! its working. mods, feel free to remove all this if you think its redundant.

I have the Mavericks OS 10.9 and can't download Spotify. Just says the my current browser is not supported. Any Ideas?

@Nico_Latini wrote:

I have the Mavericks OS 10.9 and can't download Spotify. Just says the my current browser is not supported. Any Ideas?

Does this installer work @Nico_Latini ?

http://download.spotify.com/Spotify.dmg

Peter

Please help.  I have spent most of the day to day trying to download the spotify software on to my IMAC version, 10.7.5.  I have followed the suggestion to also use the older/legacy version with the same results, hours to down load half way to have it closed down and never complete the installation.

What is the answer?

Have you tried the link in my post above? 

Peter

I've got a brand new mac (OS X 10.9.2) and have installed spotify a couple of days ago without any problems - but today it crashed and now I can't install it again. When downloaded it simply chrashes by the end of installing.. Any suggestions how to get it up and running again? Thank you very much! 

@Peter wrote:

Have you tried the link in my post above? 

Yes, but it doesn't helped me..

Got the exact same problem, new macbook pro, the program starts and it shows the loading symbol in the middle of the spotify window then locks and crash. Worked perfectly yesterday.

screen.png

Are you behind a proxy?

Works today, didn't change anything. Prolly just a temporary problem.

Ah good. Shout if you have any more problems 🙂

I luckily found a solution to my problem in another thread - but thank you very much for your help 🙂

Anyways, what I did was to follow the advice from tanvach:

1) Quit Spotify

2) In finder type shift-command-G

3) Paste "~/Library/Application Support/" and go to that folder

4) Look for folder "Spotify" and move to trash. You will lose all the locally synced tracks by all the playlists are intact.

That worked perfectly!

Suggested posts