Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

thumbs down doesn't work

thumbs down doesn't work

So when I go to thumbs down a song, it does the "Improving Radio Station" but after a few songs, the very song I thumbs downed starts playing. 

Why does it not remember what I thumbs down? It's very annoying and makes me wish Apple's iTunes Radio was out as I'm sure they wouldn't have left such a bug to go unfixed..

Spotify version: 0.9.1.53

49 Replies

seriously what the **bleep**. I thumbsdown the same band and the same **bleep**ty songs mulitple times a day. I can't even for the LIFE OF ME figure out why the **bleep** it's playing on my radio to begin with.

I completely agree. I left Spotify a year ago and haven't looked back. (Apple Music)

To anyone that reads this, Spotify doesn't care! This issue is how old? How many threads talk about the same thing with how many THOUSANDS of posts in each?

Apple Music, Pandora, ANY COMPANY -- other than Spotify -- listens to their customers.

Make the right choice and switch today.

Well said!

And Spotify has TheBest thumbsDown capability of all the music streaming services-- But you have to construct the "user programming fix" yourself!

My friends' best "user programming fix" to make the Spotify thumbsDown work requires that you install yesterday's fully functional Spotify player and block all updates as described in the Wiki inventory of "user programming fixes".

And then the Spotify thumbsDown "user programming fix" easily deletes each track of the offending Artist, Album, Genre, or SongName individually from the stream of >> all that you play. << https://open.spotify.com/user/rednblu/playlist/4BIEfdQC3CXOa1N0mTFAEy

Does anybody know of an easier way to get an effective thumbsDown actually working on any music streaming service?

Have tried to check every post here... have I missed it?...

Has this seriously been going on since 2013 with NO RESPONSE from anyone at Spotify?

Have seen a couple interesting theories on here that this either (a) a wonky way for Spotify to track whether you're on the app, or (b) drag you back to the app by playing something you don't like and want to reject/forward through, or (c) artists straight up paying to be 'thumbs-down-proof'. Common theme... all at the expense of the user.

Oh so many of you with this SO ANNOYING feature! At least they got one more visitor at these forums.. so sick of this Grizzfolk  

I got excited when I saw this feature.  Since I figured out it doesn't work, I'll be looking for another service once my trial ends.

...unless you have any good news for us, Spotify?

This is years old with no official response. I find it hilarious to see people still having this issue for so long and Spotify doesn't care.

TO: somebody at Spotify who hopefully cares:

Just signed up today. 

I was so excited...

Then I found out the system is broken.

Regretably, I'll be leaving spotify at the end of the month because of this article.

-Because there is no repsonse in years to a persistent and troubling problem with the radio platform - that I also discovered on day one - hour one, actually.

-Because aparently no one at spotify seems to care about the actual users.

Could be specuation, but why not address this question after years of users asking? Don't montior your forums? Didn't notice this till now? This article is out of date and the problem was actually fixed? Give me something?

I want to stay --- If the question in this forum will be answered adequetely, I will.

So here's your chance Spotify:

What's it gonna be?

Five years later and still an issue.  It drives me nuts and I am a huge proponent of Spotify to everyone.  

I listen at work all day every day.  Spotify, please find a way to correct this or explain to us your reasoning behind why the song/band we have clearly chosen not to listen is forced down our throats.

Suggested posts