Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc broke Toastify global shortcuts

Solved!

1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc broke Toastify global shortcuts

Hi there, the recent update of 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc has caused Toastify's global shortcut keys function to stop working. The global hotkey function is absolutely important to me as I am mostly working on my laptop in fullscreen mode and I do not have dedicated multimedia buttons to toggle between tracks.

Edit Update: As this problem has already been resolved by the good efforts of @aleab , I am pinning a link here to those who are interested to make contributions to his volunteer effort. Thanks

https://aleab.github.io/toastify/

62 Replies

Wow! I'm surprised by how many people are still using Toastify.

Unfortunately, I think the original project has been abandoned by its owner, so I doubt it will ever be fixed.

However, I think you all might be interested in this. It's a fork of the original project I've started working on and fixing since June of last year.

The latest version of Spotify broke hotkeys in my version as well, but I'll release a fix by the end of this week, hopefully.

I have the code fixed and uploaded to my github though I am not the owner of the toastify project so I am not sure how to get it out to everyone. Here is the project on my github 

https://github.com/MicahArmantrout/toastify

I also included a zip file that has the compiled code 

This works for me. Please don't force a modifier key. I like to use F6 and F7 to control my Spotify, it's not like I hit those keys often by accident.

It works!!!

Thanks for your effort Joeyman101...

The hotkeys work, but the toast always says nothing is playing.

Well, it's better than nothing 🙂

Thank you !!

Hello everyone!

I have fix this problem via forking toastify, you can download new release.

Hope it will help for someone 🙂

https://github.com/goldstar2154/toastify/releases/tag/v1.8.3

direct link

https://github.com/goldstar2154/toastify/releases/download/v1.8.3/ToastifyInstaller.exe

Superb works perfectly, thanks for the .exe.

It was infuriating having to tab out of VS and into spotify every 15mins. Messes with my productivity big time!

Nice! Works perfectly!

Thanks! It works perfect.

looks loke spotify broke VolUp() & VolDown() hotkeys, can you test it?

Hey goldstar2154, yes I can confirm my hotkeys for volume up/down is not working with your fix.

(Thanks a bunch for your fix though, works like a charm for play/pause, stop, prev/next track)

Even Winamp had Global Hotkeys. What is this nonsense.

This is the only reason I use Spotify. Toastify.

Spotify why wont you implement such a simple fix.

A bit disappointing Spotify does not support this natively; nonetheless, I will be working on committing a fix for the column + / - as well as including the fix that others provided here in an update that will actually be supported for some time to come (however long I keep using Spotify :))

Just found this thread after posting this in Ongoing Issues.

However I'm not using Toastify, only AutoHotkey for Pause/Media_Next/Media_Prev. Those do however work for me in this version, my problem is only for the dedicated keys Volume_Up and Volume_Down when the Spotify window is active.

vol up and down are working just perfectly fine for me thank you!

Thank you, @goldstar2154, it works!

However, a strange problem occurred after I installed your version - I have Alt+A as Previous Track, I use left alt for hotkeys. I use right alt to write polish letters and I can't write "polish a" ("a" with a tail under it) by using right Alt+A while Toastify is working, even if I change the Previous Track hotkey to something else or if I disable it.

Any ideas how to fix it? I can't write with Toastify on now 😛

It works, IT REALLY DOES!

Thanks for your effort Joeyman101

I have found there is still some issues with version I posted

Marked as solution

EDIT: You can find the latest release of Toastify here.

As @goldstar2154 said, I've just release a new version of Toastify that fixes the hotkeys problem without breaking anything else, hopefully 🙂. In case it did break something I didn't manage to fix during my tests, please open an issue report here.

Suggested posts