Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc broke Toastify global shortcuts

Solved!

1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc broke Toastify global shortcuts

Hi there, the recent update of 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc has caused Toastify's global shortcut keys function to stop working. The global hotkey function is absolutely important to me as I am mostly working on my laptop in fullscreen mode and I do not have dedicated multimedia buttons to toggle between tracks.

Edit Update: As this problem has already been resolved by the good efforts of @aleab , I am pinning a link here to those who are interested to make contributions to his volunteer effort. Thanks

https://aleab.github.io/toastify/

62 Replies

I am still leaving this thread upon for a bit more until a more sustainable or long term solution pops up. Until then feel free to add ideas to this thread. It is quite a healthy one with a plethora of suggestions coming in as a workaround for users. 

As I can see it now, there are 3 potential stop gap solutions to the problem (until Spotify possibly changes all that in the next update):

1. Autohotkeys (I have had limited success with this, and global key remaps are causing my other program shortcuts to stop functioning)

2. Rollback to previous Spotify (obviously only a short term solution, but good enough to use until hoping the next Spotify update revolves outstanding issues....or not...)

3. aleab's version of Toastify via Github link

Cheers everybody and let's keep the discussion going 

Hi,

I submitted last version of Toastify to Virustotal and this is the result (4 detections):

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/029f7504aaa4ca78f8e2c2aa3785a544632fb643840cc7ff21300f4b14dc0657/d...

Could you clarify this please?

Thanks

The one I posted? 

@Oskarma, if you mean mine:

1) You didn't scan Toastify's main executable, but rather its installer. The scan might give slightly different results.

Regardless, in Windows 10 unsigned installers always give trouble with the UAC.

(The source code of the installer is here)

2) Regardless of (1), Toastify's main executable might or might not yield similiar AV results (I'm not sure, I didn't check).

The only reason I can think of is a feature I added in the latest release: the possibility to use mouse buttons (side buttons) in hotkey combinations. That required some low-level mouse hooks that could trigger certain AVs. They are just false positives based on a heuristic analysis, and not some known infections.

The good thing about open source software, in this case, is that you can always [have someone to] take a look at the code if you don't trust its origin, or build it yourself (after looking at the source code) if you think someone is trying to make you install an infected version.

As I stated on the main page of my fork of Toastify on GitHub, if you have any concerns and you know a bit of OOP (C# in particular), or know someone you trust that does, I highly suggest you to take a look at the code.

Was going to suggest it's likely because there's some low level os events being manipulated causing false positives.

your welcome to use my toastifyupdate.zip I ran it through the totalvirus no viruses found. The only place it does not work is if you check

"Close button should minimize the spotify window to the tray" (where the clock is) then toastify will not work. Other than that everything should work as normal and there is zero positives found in virustotal.com Feel free to check it out for yourself.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file-analysis/NGY2YmY0Y2Y5YTFmZGZiY2Y4MDQ3ZjdmYWRmYjQ5YmE6MTUyMDUyMDQ1N...

Apparently the volume hotkeys are not working with the version I posted either

Thanks aleab for your quick answer.

I submitted the source code to Virustotal and it's clean:

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/bc07604df60ba6a8977a53fadac8e017fdebf713ec23119d0281b6839b65b9dc/d...

I guess it's a problem with the installer as you said...

Thanks again for your work!!!

BTW... installed and working like a charm!!! (even the volume hotkeys that previously didn't work). 😉

I had zero issues with the volume hotkeys on the very first link you posted on here.

Great work!

Big thanks to aleab for the fixes!

aleab's version posted here https://github.com/aleab/toastify/releases works well! Just click the .exe (it took me a while to find the actual download lol).

Also big thanks to everyone who virus-checked the code. Great teamwork folks.

As others have noted, there is now a change in the volume selection. I set mine to "global," as I am usually listening to only one audio source at a time, and it works fine.

Cheers 🙂

Big thanks for the update. Much appreciate!

I don't know about other issues, but in my book Spotify as **bleep** terrible att adressing user problems.

Example adding swiping on an android device to cue next track has been on the iPhone for ages. Android? People have been writing here for several YEARS without any response from anyone on Spotify.

So... I guess this will never be adressed.

Hi @aleab, 

I'm marking your post as the solution as fellow users here have took up your work as the accepted solution and I believe is the most complete solution at the moment to the problem. On the same note, I understand that your contributions are entirely on a volunteer basis and I am sure everybody here appreciates that very much. As such, if you'd like to setup a donation mechanism for your work where other users here can contribute to, I'd be more than happy to pin a link to the first post. Please message me and I'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Is there not just an .exe file for this?

You can find the .exe installer here:

https://github.com/aleab/toastify/releases

@shawn_lim, thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that putting PayPal links or whatnot here is appropriate. However, I did set up a "donation" mechanism here, which is the official page of my fork. If you can add that link in your first post, so that people can also find the download easily, it would be much appreciated.

Trying to launch Toastify is giving me this error

Untitled.jpg

@ZhrChaos

Open a new issue report here, please.

@aleab Thanks a lot for your work!

I was kinda sad when it stopped working but found this topic here and now with the latest version the popup even works again.

Totally happy now 😄

Thanks this worked and I did't find the new.exe files so hopefully it wount auto update

Suggested posts