Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

199 new songs on Release Radar?

199 new songs on Release Radar?

My new Release Radar from today has 199 songs - why, and anyone else with more than the usual 30 tracks? Is it a test rollout for random users?

4 Replies

Hey @hans-jürgen 

Just to clarify, do you happen to be following a lot of artists on Spotify?

I've seen a few cases of users with Release Radar containing over 100 tracks, they usually follow a lot of artists and(or) listen to a lot of different artists.

You lucky.. 😄

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Sebasty, recently I tested the playlist converter TuneMyMusic with its Last.fm to Spotify conversion which took a whole day, and it seems to have automatically added almost all of my top artists (about 13k) from my Last.fm library to my Spotify profile, also all of my top albums, but only a few hundred top tracks and some of my loved tracks (I already had about 9k saved) to my Spotify favorites. As far as I can see, there is no total number of saved artists available in the Spotify desktop app, but there are certainly more than before the conversion. Oops, I forgot it's mentioned on my profile page: 11,332 followed artists/users.

I have listened to these 199 songs in Release Radar in the meantime, and those near the end were not fitting my musical taste anymore, so I had to skip or ban them, but at the beginning of the playlist the songs were good and also new to me, so these were indeed new releases. I'll have an eye on my next Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists if something will change, so far I was very happy with their content.

@hans-jürgen 

In that case it's clear! 🙂

11k followed artists is more than enough for Spotify to increase your Release Radar's size.

I am not sure if Discover Weekly sees the same effect, but do let me know how it goes!

Cheers 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My new Discover Weekly from today has the usual 30 tracks, they are related to what I was listening lately (jazz fusion mostly), so no unusual behaviour.

My new Release Radar has 198 songs = more than 15 hours again, so this seems to become the new norm for me now. 😉 Starts with nice new releases, might have to ban some stuff at the end though.

Suggested posts