Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2 playlists are stuck loading in Windows 7 and on iOS 6 - not on Mac.

2 playlists are stuck loading in Windows 7 and on iOS 6 - not on Mac.

Hey there,

Description

I had about 6500 songs in Spotify. I wanted a better overview and wanted to reorganize by copy pasting albums in one big playlist per genre. I had 3 playlists with thousands of tracks each. The new playlisist are now stuck on loading. I have this on both Windows 7 and on my iPhone (iOS 6). I do not have this problem on my Macbook. But when I try playing music through Sonos the playlists are also stuck loading.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. created 3 new playlist folders

2. Put all songs of a genre in the folders

3. Copies all track and added them to a new playlist (not folder) to be able to add the entire list in Sonos to be able to easily add them all to the queue.

4. All the playlists got stuck loading

5. Sonos had the same issue

6. Re-installed Spotify on Windows, iOS, re-installed Sonos

What I expected to happen

New playlist to appear in Spotify (and Sonos)

What actually happened

Stuck loading

My Operating System

Windows 7 (64 bit), iOS 6, Macbook Pro OS X v10.8.2

Do you have a Service Pack installed?

Yes

My Spotify version

Latest

My internet provider and country

Tele2 - Netherlands

Did you do a clean install of your current Windows version or did you upgrade from a previous version?

clean

My username

naitauba

Hope you can advise!

*edit: spellchecker changed Spotify into Spotifuggle...:)

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify and has reportedly been fixed in desktop v0.9.1 which is currently rolling out and should hit your systems soon!

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts