Country

Denmark

Device

Sources: iPhone Xs, Macbook Pro 2018, Windows 10 Desktop

DACs: Chord Mojo, Schiit Bifrost, Schiit Modi 3, Fiio Q1 mark 2

Operating System

(iOS 12.1.1, OSX, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Whenever I play Spotify with any DAC that supports 384+kHz samplerate, spotify skips every single song within the first second of playing it. 

This is one of the main reasons I've been using Tidal a lot more than Spotify lately.

Spotify works fine all the way to 192kHz 32 bit, but above that there are so many issues. At 768kHz it won't even open.

3 Replies

Hey @Exetic!

It has been confirmed by other users that any bitrate above 192kHz breaks Spotify's audio playback for some reason. Here you can see an Issue thread created by a Soundblaster user who can use similar output options, and Spotify's answer to it.

Spotify works with 16/24/32bit and up to 192kHz audio stream.

Sorry about that!

Have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What a shame. Looks like I won't be sticking with Spotify then. How do they expect us to take them seriously, when they're a song streaming company that advertises high quality, but won't allow us to use actual high quality equipment? Seems odd to me. I have yet to see literally any other program that straight up won't work at 384kHz. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Not a solution, but man, I was going crazy because of this. I started using my nextDrive Spectra X with my PC and It just couldn't play anything. Thanks for figuring out why, I hope they fix it in an upcoming update. 

Suggested posts