Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A bunch of songs got removed from my playlist when moving songs between playlists on windows 7

Solved!

A bunch of songs got removed from my playlist when moving songs between playlists on windows 7

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I usually listen to Spotify on my phone or through the Web player on my work computer. Today I wanted to rearrange some songs in a playlist so opened Spotify on my desktop for easier handling.

I wanted to rearrange the order of 14 songs in my main playlist, and I created a new playlist to add them too so I could add them in reserve order so they appear correct when sorting by recently added.

After dragging them to the new playlist, I pressed delete. The whole Spotify window went black and then came back. I noticed that the playlist preview had changed, and when I scrolled to the top when sorting by custom, I noticed the first song added was no longer there. There may have been other songs at the top that were also removed, but that was the only one I could remember since I've seen that Album everytime I open the playlist for the last 2 years.

Even worse, I noticed that everything I've added after September 13th was missing from the playlist. I have no idea how it happened. The new playlist I created only contained the 14 songs I had marked, so I don't know how all the other songs managed to be deleted. Right now there's about 350 songs in the playlist, and I know that this morning it was well over 500, probably close to 600. 

Is there anyway for me to see which songs were deleted? Does Spotify periodically save a copy of the playlist for issues like this? I still haven't opened Spotify Web on my work computer since this happened, would it be possible to find it through saved cache or something similar (I'm not very knowledgeable about this, so this might be a shot in the dark).

Thankful for any help I can get, as my memory is very poor and there's no way I'll remember which songs were in the playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sirenson,

Thanks for reaching out.

When using the desktop app, you can revert almost all changes to your playlists by pressing Ctrl/Cmd + Z. However, this feature is not available on the web player and so if you've deleted a large number of tracks, it's best to reach out to the folks over at Customer Support, as they're the ones who can take a closer look at this and assist you further.

We hope this helps!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Sirenson,

Thanks for reaching out.

When using the desktop app, you can revert almost all changes to your playlists by pressing Ctrl/Cmd + Z. However, this feature is not available on the web player and so if you've deleted a large number of tracks, it's best to reach out to the folks over at Customer Support, as they're the ones who can take a closer look at this and assist you further.

We hope this helps!

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Okay, thanks I will. I believe I tried clicking ctrl + Z and nothing happened.

I messaged customer support and was able to get the changes reverted.

Thanks for the tip!

Hi there @Sirenson

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're glad to know that they were able to assist you with this. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a nice day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts