A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally...

Re: A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally..

rachelsyoon

Where are the advanced settings? I can't seem to find them.

Re: A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally..

Shubhankar_Dey
Casual Listener

I tried a simple thing.I cleared the app data from windows settings(rather than uninstalling) and then i  downloaded a VPN and set its location to the country location I provided. I logged in and checked 'remember me'. Its not bothering me again and I can run spotify now and no need of VPN anymore after using it once. But even tho if you see that again then follow the procedure above again, just takes a couple of minutes.

Highlighted

Punisher_Cometh

Open Spotify on your browser and login with your credentials

On the right top you will be able to see your user name. Click the drop down and click "Account"

Goto "Set Device Password" tab and set a password (it's better if you set the same password as of your account). 

Now you will be able to login to spotify app in your PC and on your Mobile using these new credentials.

Hope this helped. 

chethiyacis

Hello,

I just was able yo fix this issue.

Simply login to your Spotify account using the mobile music app. Probably you must have logged out from that too so that enables everything and you should be alright.

Best

pronouncedkeera
Music Fan

I am having this same problem, with no proxy, no firewall, and it says I am in the right country.  The problem is only with the desktop app, on my phone and play.spotify.com I can log in just fine.  Even when I re-download the app, it still doesn't work.  I've been stuck out of the app for a month.

maissa_kassab

i've tried them all but nothing happened .. it still appears a firewall may be blocking spotify 

arpits229

Use any vpn!

Shubhankar_Dey
Casual Listener
yep any... but next time onwards use the same one if u need to.

ygadet
Casual Listener

It seem like i can't use Spotify on my phone but i can on the web.

On my phone spotify tell me i'm on holiday. Nothing on the web interface, but the same Wifi and nternet connection on the both.

When i use the different app for spotify for windows or linux, i have this firewall issue, but no firewall on the both.

Have to pay for this ? because i'm Guadeloupe (France), and when i try to change my country spotfy only see FRANCE ...

What i have to do for this working ? Pay ?

tetheconor

sorry, my english is bad. I hope you understand me

problem in our account. we need login in country specified in account settings.
you can used VPN, if you not at home. TunnelBear was help me.

SUGGESTED POSTS