A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally...

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally..

Casual Listener

No VPN, and everythings is ok (pc, linux and phone). Don't know what happen, but i seem work weel, spotify tell i'm back from holiday ... (No move at all)

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally..

Thanks man! You saved me 🙂

Highlighted

Error 17 on windows desktop and android app bugs ABROAD

My windows desktop app had this error 17 with the firewall a week ago. I have been reading all the discussions I could and none worked for me.

This morning my android app also crashed, it logged me out automatically as soon as I logged in. I reinstalled the Android app deleting all old files and a message came up when I tried to log in again. 

I have been in a foreign country for a month and a half now, and apparently, I only needed to change the country settings in my profile. I haven't read anything about this in any forums, so it might be helpful to somebody, especially as none of the apps notified me or asked me to change it, it just shows some other errors.

Highlighted

lol sorry for late reply but you can fix this u need to exit spotify and then u need a VPN https://psiphon.en.softonic.com/download
 there you go install the Vpn make sure spotify is not running
run the vpn and it will connect automaticlly
then run spotify and login

Highlighted

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THIS IS HELPFUL.

Highlighted

I have the same same issue this morning but mine says Error Code: 8. Have tried all the suggested solutions in this thread and nothing works. Have restarted device, reinstalled app and even changed password and nothing works. My country settings are fine. I am in Malaysia and it says Malaysia. It's been quite a pain. Please help.

Highlighted

So,  Spotify makes "the logon firewall exception" after you successfully login to the Windows desktop app and not right after installation like normal. I verified that Spotify was not being being blocked and when I "signed up as a new user" and made a new account it triggered the firewall exception for spotify logon. Spotify logon is different than streaming ports etc.

So reinstall or make a new user is the work around.

Highlighted

Thanks bro. 

it works very well for me.

Highlighted

Hola yo tuve el mismo problema y lo solucione haciendo esto:

1. ve a tu navegador y ingresa a spotify.com

2. logeate con tu nombre de e-mail o usuario y la contraseña

3. ve a "Perfil" y despues a "Cuenta", seguidamente a "Editar perfil"

4.Cambia el Pais donde donde te encuentras, ejemplo

yo estaba en USA pero me fui a Costa Rica, entonces cambia de pais a Costa Rica.

5. Ejecuta el programa de Spotify y logeate

6. el problema tuvo que ser solucionado

comenta si te sirvio 

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing this info! I had a very similar issue (though I had error code 11 instead of 17), and after trying a few other approaches, deleting Spotify and then re-installing seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks again!

SUGGESTED POSTS