Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally unplugged headphones and now music won't play

Accidentally unplugged headphones and now music won't play

A few minute ago, I unplugged my headphones from my PC by accident. I plugged them back in, but now no music will play. I keep clicking play/double-clicking playlists but nothing happens. I've tried restarting Spotify and using Task Manager to end the task multiple times but nothing has changed. Tried restarting my PC but that also fixed nothing.

Running the latest versions of Win10 and Spotify.

4 Replies

Hey @firebuff101, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Can you try doing a clean reinstall of the app? If that doesn't help, can you send me a screenshot of the error message being shown?

Please let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Forget all that reinstall nonsense ( it's the default answer when they don't know!:) go into your start panel And open AUDIO SOUNDS SCHEMES etc and look for SPEAKERS and just check your output Is set for external? I.e. headphones? It could have reverted to default Soundcard setting of Desktop Speaker?

In the event I plug headphones in or unplug them, spotify will not play. No error codes either. I actually have to manually kill the process in the Task Manager to restart Spotify. Not sure why when I unplug my headphones it does this...

Thanks, buddy! It solved my problem. For some weird reason it sets sound settings to default for Spotify after ungraceful removal of headphones...

Suggested posts