Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Accessed by Unknown Device, In Need of Playlist Restoration

Account Accessed by Unknown Device, In Need of Playlist Restoration

As I was getting ready for the day today, my Spotify started going in and out, as a device called "iPhone de Alberto" started accessing my music and playing from that device, playing music I had never heard of. I changed it back to play from my device, and then I would get the notification that the music was playing from their device again. This went on for a bit, and then just stopped.

I went back to start playing what I had been listening to previously, but all my most recently played music was Latin music I had never heard of. I also saw that all of my playlists were deleted, replaced only with "Cristiana" and "El Paciente", both of which said they were added 2 days ago, though I hadn't noticed any changes on the mobile app at that point. I went to restore my playlists through the browser website, but not all of my playlists were in there, and many of them were listed as deleted months before I was having this issue, and I can guarantee none of them were deleted prior to last Thursday at the earliest.

I logged all devices out of my account and then logged in and changed my password immediately. I restored what playlists I could, but there are a number of playlists I would like to have back that I can no longer access. I would like to request that all my deleted playlists be restored to my account. If it's easiest, just restore all playlists I have ever created and I can trim down to what I had prior to this issue. If it's possible, restoring the playlists I had on Friday, March 2nd would be fantastic. Let me know if you need any other details from me. Thanks.

3 Replies

I have yet to receive any response or indication that the support team has seen this message and been made aware of this issue. Please reach out to me through this post or via my Spotify email so I can know this concern has reached your attention. Thank you.

Hey @norecentemotion

You did the right thing by both signing out from all devices and changing password, this way the unauthorized user can't access your account anymore. 🙂

If I understand correctly, the playlists deleted by that user don't appear in your Spotify account? If you do find your playlists there, you can restore them easily by clicking the Restore button.

Note: very old playlists that you have deleted months ago will disappear from the list. I'm not sure they are accessible after that point.

Keep me in the loop!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Sebasty Yeah, I went to the page to recover my old playlists, and that's what confused me. A number of playlists that I could confirm hadn't been deleted until no more than 3 days before were suddenly gone, but the page claimed some of them had been deleted months before. As such, I restored the ones that claimed they'd been deleted more recently (still a couple months ago), but I lost at least 6 playlists from this because I guess the system thought they were deleted something like a year ago. I'm not sure why these dates are messed up.

Suggested posts