Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 / Linux

My Question or Issue

Add back the ability to see all of the tracks from an artist on their main page. The new update on the desktop made it so we have to click on an album to see a specific song by an artist similar to mobile, which then shuffles just that album (This is bad, don't do that).
If I select a song from the most popular songs it plays that song and then shuffles the rest of the songs by that artist (This is a good thing do not remove it).

But now I can't just select any random song by an artist and let it shuffle that artist, I have to pick from the most popular (most times I don't want to hear the most popular songs).

If I want to play a specific song by an artist and shuffle the rest I now have to generate a playlist of JUST that artist's albums.
Or I have to let you're algorithm select random other artist based on my preference, which just loops the same 10 songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify community keeps asking me to accept this as the proper solution. However, I still cannot view all of the tracks by an artist. So its not a proper solution.

Post the update, commit to the deploy branch, get it to users and then it will be resolved.

Fix you're platform and tell the useless UI/UX team to leave it alone, or better yet revoke their access.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello @NoMercySoul

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community and for your feedback!

This is something that's highly requested and the option to view full list of songs is actually coming back with one of the upcoming updates. 

You can check this FAQ for more details on the new Spotify desktop app, if you're interested. 

Have a great day! 

Marked as solution

Spotify community keeps asking me to accept this as the proper solution. However, I still cannot view all of the tracks by an artist. So its not a proper solution.

Post the update, commit to the deploy branch, get it to users and then it will be resolved.

Fix you're platform and tell the useless UI/UX team to leave it alone, or better yet revoke their access.

Hello,

tyvm for this. Just wanted to add that following "bring back thread" 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Put-the-Liked-Songs-back-under-each-band-s-artis...

covers a similar idea and just reached the goal for "good suggestion", both things should be implemented.

Please spotify combine the two requests. I need my artists page back, the playlist shuffling is horrible.

Yes! Although, I will say, I do like having the ability to find an album, especially when it's from an artist that has like a million live albums (looking at you Dave Matthews Band) - I no longer have to scroll to the end of the Earth to find some original albums from the mid 90's.

I hope the update has a way to view either a list of albums, or an expanded list of all songs by album (old view).

Hey @joaoreynolds,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

We understand how that would be useful. We recommend adding your suggestion to this Community blog about the new interface. We're gathering all your feedback there so it easily reaches the teams in charge as it helps us to keep improving the app.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts