Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Added songs do not appear in playlist or Favorite Songs

Added songs do not appear in playlist or Favorite Songs

Using PC version on Windows 10

I've made a playlist and want to build it out. After searching for a song I rightclick on it and add it to my playlist and also my favorite songs. I then go to the playlist and/or my favorite songs and the song does not show up. I search for the song again and try to add it to the playlist and I receive a Duplicate song warning. I check the playlist again and the song still does not appear. 

When dealing with my Favorite Songs it's a bit different after initially trying to add it. If I search for the song again you can see a filled heart next to it in the results list. If I rightclick the song or use the three dots I see "Remove from your Favorite Songs" as if it's been added. I check My Favorite songs again and it still does not appear. 

I have logged out and back in, I have restarted Spotify, I have rebooted my machine and I have reinstalled Spotify but I still do not see these songs in my playlist or Favorite Songs.

If anyone has something to offer I would be most grateful. Thank you!

4 Replies

Hey @1L19, help's arrived,

That's odd. First, reinstall the app again, but make sure that you choose the Windows Store version. If it doesn't work, restart your router, and if possible, try a different network connection.

Log in on the app with a different device and see if the same thing happens, and lastly, ask a friend to log in on their account on your desktop app.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I  may have just found a solution for you:

It is apparently a known issue right now.

Here you can see the open Issue and can vote for it to hopfully be fixed sooner!

For a quick workaround try these steps by @Mantisentil

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify. 

I have the same problem for 2 weeks, I have no music in my list while I have many favorites.

So I suspended my subscription because impossible to read my musics.

I have already emptied the cache and made a new installation.

Hey @1287466258.

Glad to hear that the solution worked for you!

@B83 - have you tried the solution that was re-posted above to see if that fixes the issue for you? 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any futher help with this.

Suggested posts