Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Songs That are not on Spotify

Solved!

Adding Songs That are not on Spotify

So I have a large amount of songs on my computer at home but I am on my phone, at work, or with someone else and want them to play some music but some songs are not there for anyone except me. Is there a work around for this? 

1. Can I recommend adding a song?

2. If its a free use song can I add it to Spotify my self?

3. If I can't share a song that is not on Spotify with others is there a way to have it so I allways have it for my account? Like having a cloud storage for all songs that have been added but can be grabed from my phone or computer that I am logged in on.

I guess there could be a fourth but that would be about how to get artests to put there music on spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Thanks for coming to the community for help 🙂

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

If you already own the song you want to listen to, it can be found under "Local Files" on your desktop. However, if they are not already on Spotify, they cannot be shared with other users.

Please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day! If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey! Thanks for coming to the community for help 🙂

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

If you already own the song you want to listen to, it can be found under "Local Files" on your desktop. However, if they are not already on Spotify, they cannot be shared with other users.

Please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day! If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

Suggested posts