Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads in my personal library play lists. Why?

Ads in my personal library play lists. Why?

Why are there ads in my pla ylists that only have stuff from my personal library?

I let my premium subscription lapse because I've pretty much only been listening to what I've got on my computer lately and I hear ads, why? 

Just a note: The songs are on my computer, I bought the SoundSupply Drop 7. There's no streaming happening!

And don't get me started on the app switching to the front of my windows when an ad comes on!

3 Replies

Hi,

[EDIT] Spotify should not play ads when playing local files; are you 100% sure that these are music files stored on your computer and not added from the Spotify library?

There is a known bug where Spotify comes to the front on every ad, hopefully it will be fixed soon!

Anthony 😉

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

If that is true, then that's crap... Makes me not want to use Spotify. 

It's effectively adverts to use their player without streaming anything. Sorry... nope! Going to a different player.

Hi,

Correction; Just confirmed that you should not get ads whilst playing local files. Have you tried reinstalling Spotify?

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts