Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Advertisements Incorrectly Placed and Window Moving Itself

Advertisements Incorrectly Placed and Window Moving Itself

With the new update (0.9.0) there's been a few things that have annoyed me.

1) There is a problem with the advertisement bars wanting to move to an incorrect position. They move on top of the playlist and appear empty. Note the white box in the first image and the gray box in the second image.

http://i.imgur.com/1wzsNRx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GKf2IMX.jpg

2) When I minimize Spotify or click the Spotify icon on my taskbar to make Spotify the focused window, Spotify jumps from its current position to the top-left corner of my default monitor. I have multiple monitors, and this is amazingly annoying because I have to then move it back to the other monitor. This does not happen when I click the window itself or use ALT+TAB, only when I minimize Spotify or use the taskbar to restore it.

3) I had a slew of 5 ads, back to back, and have had several occurrences of 2 or 3 in a row previously. There should be a limit to how often advertisements are played or some check to make sure that ads aren't played in such rapid succession. It's quite annoying hearing a song, then an ad, then another ad, then another ad, then another ad, then another ad, and then FINALLY getting back to the music. I'd much rather have 3 songs, an ad, 2 songs, an ad, 4 songs, an ad, et cetera.

Thanks for an awesome product, and I am looking forward to these getting fixed! 🙂

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community! 🙂 

A few of those are very strange issues (in fact after 11k posts I don't think I have ever seen an advert there before haha!). What operating system are you using? Can you try updating your flash player and see if that helps?

Also, can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts