Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After Windows 10 Creators Update Media Keys No Longer Play or Pause Music

Solved!

After Windows 10 Creators Update Media Keys No Longer Play or Pause Music

As the title says, I updated Window 10 to the latest version via the "Creators Update" update. Now the media keys on my keyboard no longer play, pause or skip tracks when pushing them. They only work if Spotify is opened and the application is the active window. But if I minimize or close the application to the tray or choose another application as the active window, media keys no longer pause, play or skip tracks. My volume media keys work, but this is controlling the system volume in Windows not Spotify. Is anyone else having this issue after updating to the newest version of Windows 10?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It was not a Logitech driver issue. Spotify updated to a new verison recently and the issue is now solved. It must have been an odd issue with the specfic version installed on my OS after it updated. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Nope, Roccat Isku is working fine with that.
Maybe you should set Standardaudioplayer to Windows Mediaplayer. If this makes no difference then update your Keyboard drivers

I've already installed the latest drivers for my Logitech G710+. This driver was released yesterday. It still doesn't work. Again, the media keys work, but only when Spotify is the active window. If it's minimized, closed to the tray or open in the background, the media keys (Pause/Play, Stop, and Skip) don't function as they should.

Oh, Logitech. Neverending driver problems on Windows 10.
Did you try to change the Standardplayer? If this doesn't work I cannot help you cause I banned all Logitech hardware from my desk during ongoing driver issues.

Marked as solution

It was not a Logitech driver issue. Spotify updated to a new verison recently and the issue is now solved. It must have been an odd issue with the specfic version installed on my OS after it updated. 

Hace un par de semanas instale spotify y lo vincule al plan familiar, al cabo de unos días me dice que la dirección está mal puesta a lo que me piden verifique la dirección y ahora no puedo por qué me sale que no puedo por qué la dirección es incorrecta, traté de enviarme otra invitación a otro correo y me aparece exactamente lo mismo....
Que puedo hace ???

Suggested posts