Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After desktop update, can't sort podcast episodes

After desktop update, can't sort podcast episodes

Recently my desktop spotify got a fresh new look! I love it, accept I cannot for the life of me find where to sort the podcasts from old eps to new eps (rather than having new ones at the top of the feed because I have some backlog listening I'm doing). Is there anyway to still sort it like this so I don't have to manually queue each episode so I can listen to episode 17 after 16 properly?

5 Replies

So far it seems they've currently removed that ability entirely from both the web platform (if it was ever there, anyway, I usually never listen on the web) and the desktop version. My workaround has been to load my mobile app because you can still sort playlists there (thankfully) and then tell it to play on whatever I'm supposed to currently be listening on.

It's very annoying but it's at least a way to get around the issue until they maybe decide to add back the sorting feature to desktop.

Hi folks,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We recommend checking this thread where you can post your comments and feedback about the New Desktop Experience. This is constantly being monitored and discussed by the right folks in order to improve the users' overall experience.

You can also Subscribe to it so you can be on top of all the new updates we share about it.

We really appreciate your feedback and we want to hear your thoughts on this.

If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina,

I've already personally left commentary on that thread about the removal of the sorting feature from podcasts on desktop and the only way I've found to work around it and how much of a terrible change it was.

this is my biggest problem with spotify and why i never use during the day on my desktop. this seems so simple and such an obvious way to be useful for consumers. why don't they make this easy implementation?

Hey there @rockchalkhawk,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We appreciate your thoughts and feedback as it helps us improve the app and the overall experience.

For this particular one, we suggest heading to the thread @Katerina mentioned above and leave your feedback there so it reaches out to the right folks.

The right teams are continuously releasing improvements to the New Desktop Experience based on the feedback gathered.

Remember that you can also Subscribe to it so you're on top of any new updates we share about it.

We hope this helps. If you need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts