Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album Art of Local Files Showing on Synced Moblie Devices but not on PC

Album Art of Local Files Showing on Synced Moblie Devices but not on PC

Recently, I have added a bunch of local files to my Spotify Playlist and have synced them to my iPhone. While most of the album art shows on both devices, some album art only shows on my iPhone, and not my PC, despite it being the source of the local files. Songs from one of the erroneous albums only show the album art of the song played before it, while songs from the other erroneous album do not show the art of the song before, but rather a blank disk icon. I find it strange that it only occurs on some songs and not others, does anyone have a fix for this?

IMG_0121.png
1 Reply

Hey @Eminememenem,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

As a heads-up, it might take some time for local files data and features (such as the cover art) to sync not only across different devices but with the app itself on each different device. 

One thing you can try if you haven't already, is to give your app on desktop a thorough reinstall (so that the next time you open your Desktop app is brand-new and fully updated) and see if any sync issues previously experienced are gone. But you'll have to repeat the whole local files process since those data will have been erased with the reinstall. If you do this, make sure your Windows 10 is also fully up-to-date.

Alternatively, if you only uploaded the files recently, you can give it a bit more time and try occasionally logging in and out to see if that shakes things up. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts