Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album Cover Art super blurry/low quality

Album Cover Art super blurry/low quality

This has been an issue for a while and it seems many others are having the same issue, yet it isn't being fixed. This happens when you large out the album cover on Spotify Windows. This happens with *every* album art, not just some. Internet connection is perfectly fine yet all the album covers are blurry and super low quality. I provided two different album covers, you can clearly see how they are blurry compared to the quality they should be. PLEASE fix this asap. 

345ad03dc0803ade66289cd5019e5ce7.png
dcf8da6bef4eff3ac720daf9632a11a4.png
43c77f3cf1709961a9299f69131c30cf.png
5 Replies

Hi @ItsModern,

Thank you for posting your question on the Community.

We're aware of this happening on the desktop app. However, take into consideration that images used as album art in Spotify require 640x640px minimum, so some images with low quality may appear blurred to screens with higher resolutions. 

In any case, we appreciate you taking the time to send this report. We also invite you to share it in this thread where the new desktop design is being discussed. We regularly monitor it and pass on your thoughts to the relevant team.

If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This issue should now be fixed in version 1.1.76

The blurry (low quality) issue for the album art in the bottom left corner of the desktop app was fixed in version 1.1.75. There was a delay in this version going out over the holidays, but version 1.1.76 that includes this fix is now rolling out to users.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I too have been having this issue with my band's artist page. How do I have our Spotify page keep the high resolution of the photos?

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 5.49.20 PM.png

Hey @mikeyziegler 

I checked out your artist page and I see what you mean. To me it looks like the header photo has a higher quality than the "about" image at the bottom.

From my experience uploading photos to my artist page over the years, Spotify compresses the photos in the "about" section more than the banner or profile picture. I think that's just the way it currently is.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have this issue 24/7. The album cover is always blurred. Sucks when I want to look at the cover.

Suggested posts