Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All album art is missing

All album art is missing

Plan

Premium

Country

NL

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since a couple of weeks all album art has disappeared in the windows 10 spotify desktop app. See below for an example.

Have tried all the regular stuff, like:

- re-install

- clean re-install

- removing spotify data folders etc.

Any ideas?

spotify_no_album_art.png

6 Replies

Hey there @qieter

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try again with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Lastly, we'd like to know if the same happens when you log in to your account on a different PC.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for your response!

As per your suggestion, I tried a clean re-install. Unfortunately, no luck.

I also tried a different internet connection. Via the hotspot of my phone. Again, no luck. On a different laptop, using my spotify account, the problem did not occur. So apparantly, it is specific to my laptop.

I am also seeing this message in the area of the banner, on the main screen, which is maybe linked to the issue:

Failed to load URL https://prod-sam.umusic.com/api/banners/v1/tiers/2/territories/42/banner with error ERR_CERT_REVOKED (-206).

2021-11-28 20_22_11.png

 Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Hi there @qieter

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know that.

Could you check if the OS of your PC is up to date?

Additionally, we suggest that you disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off VPN if in use.

Lastly, we'd recommend you try clearing your host files on your PC following these steps. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks again for your suggestions. 

My OS is up to date.

Disabling antivirus had no effect. And I do not use any ad-blockers, as far as I'm aware.

I do not use a VPN.

Also, my host file has no entries.

I'm still stumped. So any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Hey @qieter,

Thanks for the info 🙂

In case you're using the app from our website, could you try downloading it from the Microsoft store and vice versa to see if anything changes?

If that doesn't help, could you share with us the following? We'll look into this further.

• When do you get this error message? Is it, for example, when you open the app?
  • The Spotify version that is running on your PC.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This just happened to me. After a windows store update and reboot later no album art. For some reason Spotify was starting up in Offline Mode. Clicking on the three dots in the top left to bring up the menu and selecting File then Offline Mode toggled it off and the art appeared again.

Suggested posts