Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art, Artist and Track all out of sync/frozen

Album art, Artist and Track all out of sync/frozen

Brief description of the issue:

The album art, artist and track title seem to freeze at random occasions after an ad has played. Post advert, the song slider remains stuck at 30 seconds and is unusable. See attached image.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1) Listened to a playlist. Seems to trigger randomly. Difficult to reproduce.

What steps you’ve tried already:

I've tried uninstalling an reinstalling Spotify for Windows Desktop many times. This temporarily fixes the issue until it happens again

Device and operating system:

Dell Latitude E7450 Ultrabook, Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1)

Type of Spotify account:

Free

The app version of Spotify you’re using:

Spotify 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6

spotifyBug.png
5 Replies

I have the exact same problem both on my PC at home and at work. Tested on some notebooks from my family, they all do the same thing.

I use mostly windows 7 on my systems, but I found the same issue on windows 8.1 too.

Closing Spotify and opening again temporarily fix my problem.

One more thing that happens to me is that, sometimes it is not a song that gets stuck on the album art, sometimes it is an ad (the last one played). I can still click it even if another music is playing.

As a workaround I keep using the commands you get from the little peek window as you rover your mouse above the spotify icon on the task bar (see image below). These still work fine, even after the bug.

ScreenShot.png

Edit: Sorry for the bad english. Not my main language.

I have tried to use those controls but when I hover my mouse over the Spotify icon, they don't appear. I assumed it was just part of the bug.

They never disappeared to me in any of the systems I tried it. Maybe you have some windows configuration that takes away some of the functionalities?

I fell like this issue is not down to your OS. I have this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, so I reinstalled the app and it still persisted so I even factory reset my phone (Again the problem still persisted). Then I started to use Spotify on my PC Windows 10 and I have the same issue. Therefore, the issue must be on Spotify's end and not on our end.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No worries. Help is on the way.

Issues with the app freezing or becoming unresponsive are in most cases caused by a corrupted cache or installation files. An easy fix for this is to perform a clean reinstall following these steps. They are more thorough than the standard reinstall, so you should give them a go. Afterwards make sure to restart your device. This is a simple, but often overlooked step. If you're running Windows 8 or later, we recommend that you use the Spotify app version from the Microsoft Store, as it is better optimized for this OS.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if you can replicate the issue with another account? You can create a free one here. If that solves thing, you can always transfer your music and follower using the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts