Album art, Artist and Track all out of sync/frozen

Highlighted

Album art, Artist and Track all out of sync/frozen

geaneybeans
Casual Listener

Brief description of the issue:

The album art, artist and track title seem to freeze at random occasions after an ad has played. Post advert, the song slider remains stuck at 30 seconds and is unusable. See attached image.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1) Listened to a playlist. Seems to trigger randomly. Difficult to reproduce.

What steps you’ve tried already:

I've tried uninstalling an reinstalling Spotify for Windows Desktop many times. This temporarily fixes the issue until it happens again

Device and operating system:

Dell Latitude E7450 Ultrabook, Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1)

Type of Spotify account:

Free

The app version of Spotify you’re using:

Spotify 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6

spotifyBug.png
3 Replies

Re: Album art, Artist and Track all out of sync/frozen

Ryuuji
Casual Listener

I have the exact same problem both on my PC at home and at work. Tested on some notebooks from my family, they all do the same thing.

I use mostly windows 7 on my systems, but I found the same issue on windows 8.1 too.

Closing Spotify and opening again temporarily fix my problem.

One more thing that happens to me is that, sometimes it is not a song that gets stuck on the album art, sometimes it is an ad (the last one played). I can still click it even if another music is playing.

As a workaround I keep using the commands you get from the little peek window as you rover your mouse above the spotify icon on the task bar (see image below). These still work fine, even after the bug.

ScreenShot.png

Edit: Sorry for the bad english. Not my main language.

geaneybeans
Casual Listener
I have tried to use those controls but when I hover my mouse over the Spotify icon, they don't appear. I assumed it was just part of the bug.

Ryuuji
Casual Listener

They never disappeared to me in any of the systems I tried it. Maybe you have some windows configuration that takes away some of the functionalities?

SUGGESTED POSTS