Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art in lower left corner is missing?

Solved!

Album art in lower left corner is missing?

Plan

Premium

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Where is the album art in the bottom left corner on the desktop app?  It only shows the song and artist, now there's no good way to easily click to the playlist or page it is playing from...

spotify.PNG
61 Replies

If you click 'View' > 'Right Sidebar' it shows you what your friends are listening to.

If you go to your preferences pane (cmd + , on Mac) and scroll down to 'Display Options' you can check an option 'Show announcements about new releases'. Is that what you mean with release-notifications?

SOLUTION on mac:

As one of the others suggested resizing your playlist column will do the trick.

No need to un/install etc.

That didn't work for me 😕

Yes!  I had the same issue - couldn't see the artwork.  I just dragged the scroll tab and it reappeared.   Many thanks!

Instead of having to uninstall and reinstalling Spotify, it would be much easier and simpler to just have the program be reset.

This can be done by:

Settings > Apps & Features > Search: Spotify > Advanced Options > Click on Reset

This will automatically reset Spotify and will revert it back to its old settings, the only problem with this method is you'll have to log in again. 

*Note: I did this method on Windows 10, so I'm not entirely sure if it works on other Windows*

Instead of having to uninstall and reinstalling Spotify, it would be much easier and simpler to just have the program be reset.

This can be done by:

Settings > Apps & Features > Search: Spotify > Advanced Options > Click on Reset This will automatically reset Spotify and will revert it back to its old settings, the only problem with this method is you'll have to log in again.

*Note: I did this method on Windows 10, so I'm not entirely sure if it works on other Windows*

worked! thanks very much. now I can make my album art huge lol

Double click between the left panel and the main panel to get back album art. Took me a few minutes as it was so frustrating, but at least it's over.

spotify-help.PNG

Can't see the artwork as well...

I remember clicking an 'x' somewhere and it disappeared...

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 11.16.34 PM.png

GENIUS thank you!!!! I clicked every other button I could think of...except for that. #lifesaver

This was sooooo simple! I thought this option was removed on Spotify forever! Thanks! 

After installing and uninstalling, cleaning up the registry and not being able to fix the problem, what DID work was to simply resize the playlist section and BOOM, the cover suddenly appeared.

That didn't work for me. I tried resizing the left side, switching to system fullscreen, and Spotify's special fullscreen,  but none of it worked.

thanks resizing the left pane works... i can't believe i didn't try that... even though i kept trying to do that but with bottom where the album art used to be not the horizontal part

Big up @kennethk5

Hate to reply to a comment that was made months ago, but I'm having the same issue with album cover art. It might be worth noting that the album I'm having trouble with is from a CD and it's only effecting songs from 1 album out of the literal thousands I have in my playlist. None of the other songs I have from CD's are having this issue, just this one alum in particular. I've tried various methods to fix the issue (inluding resizing the lower left plane like was suggested) but nothing is turning up results. Any advice or suggestions?

THANK YOU

You're a genius!

I messaged spotify cares on twitter and they suggested that I reinstall spotify and it worked!!  was difficult for me to the library folder on my mac but with google I was able to find it, then find my caches folder, delete com.spotify.client folder and then reinstall spotify.  

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

This is the solution if resizing did not work for you as it did nothing for me.

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Try completely deleteing and then reinstalling spotify. This worked for me when nothing else did!

Suggested posts