Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums and Artists not in Your Music

Albums and Artists not in Your Music

Hi all, I have about 4,000 songs saved in MY Music Songs but there is only a few albums and artists in the Albums and Artists. I would have thought that by adding a song to your library that it would add the Artist and Album for that song into the appropriate list. The only way I can get these to show up is by going to the respective artist or album and following them.... surely I don't have to do that each time I add a song??? Or am I just missing something??
13 Replies

Hi there @rhyndman-nz, welcome to the community! 
Take a look, at the right upper corner (see attached screenshot) and see if you doesn`t check it by mistake. On the screesnhot is unchecked, the checked should have a tick on it. 

Otherwise, everything happens and the current artist/s or album/s that you`re looking for might not be available on Spotify at the momment. 

I hope that I`ve been helpful for you, you can always come to the community again and ask for help, if needed! : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
spota.jpg

Thanks for the reply.... I don't seem to have that option.... also, the albums and artists for the songs I have added are definitely on Spotify 😞
2016-12-15_9-10-42.jpg

You`re welcome. On the screenshot I`ve attached, I`m showing "Albums", instead you`re currently in "Artist". Well I understand, try to log out from spotify and then back in again. What about your phone (if you`re using mobile app), does there have more artists or they are the same number? 

Yeah, the same "no filter" option in the artist and albums. Phone shows the same number of albums and artists.... no filters on.

I get it, its not cool, but please have in mind also, that the information in the app, might not be updated at the momment, there happens server downs, delays, app updates bugs and etc, and maybe the information will be updated lately or after an app update. 

Try the log out/log in option. Anyway you can always make a clear reinstallation, that usually helping out for many issues!

Hope everything will be alright to you soon!

Yea I have the same problem, the issue seems to be the newest version of spotify which doesnt have the filter saved albums only option

did it happen when you updated to version 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1?

Hi, I am not entirely sure when this happened but yes that is my version at the moment. 

Yea, same here, this version of spotify seems to remove the album save only filter option which causes the issue

Thanks for letting me know.... **bleep** annoying.... hope enough people complain for them to put it back

No worries, surely its a bug or something it messes with your entire library

This is Spotify's answer to this: Thanks for all the info. This change is part of a test we're currently running in order to streamline your collection. You will now only see the artists you explicitly choose to follow instead of every artist whose music you’ve saved. A saved album will only be shown under the Albums section instead of all the tracks also appearing in the Songs section, and the individual songs you save will only be shown in the Songs section. The team running this test are very interested in feedback, and we will pass all of your thoughts along to them

This is **bleep**, I want the old ability back. My wife can save a track and it automatically adds the artist and album. She is on the same premium account. I don't get this, I didn't even ask to be on the trial. If this is not reinstated I will move back to Apple Music, along with other family and friends experiencing the same issue.

Suggested posts