Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums are disapearing from playlists, help!

Albums are disapearing from playlists, help!

There are albums that I've had saved in my playlists for months, if not years that are disappearing. Such albums include but are not limited to Chasing Safety's "Nomad", Halestorm's "ReAniMate 3.0: The Covers Ep", and a Soul Asylum album, of which at this point, I can not remember the name of [[[[EDIT: I just realized that over half of an album, Code Orange's "Forever" was missing as well, tracks 5-11 were gone]]]]. These albums are all albums that sit at the top of a few of my playlists, so I can see the album art in the 2x2 space next to the title. If I go to the artist's page, I see them right there, waiting to be played, so they definetily have not been taken down from Spotify. So my question is, why are albums disappearing from my playlists??

I don't know if there are other albums missing from my playlists. I don't know if there's anything else I have saved that's disappeared. I keep yearly playlists of new albums I listen to in that year, and I would really prefer not to go through each one and try to recount what's missing. I'm a little freaked out and upset this is happening.

If any one can help, I would be greatly appreciate it. I've been using Spotify since 2012 and haven't had any problem like this before. Thank you!

2 Replies

If I had to guess, this is because the artists deleted and re-uploaded the albums. Behind the scenes, each album has a unique ID, and if the artist removed and replaced the album for whatever reason, it would have a new ID, and would seem to be removed from your playlist.

You may want to go into your preferences and enable "Show unavailable songs on playlists" - it may show the remnants of some albums when this happens.

I turned on unavailable songs, and while that did show songs that weren't there before (THANK YOU!), it still doesn't show the albums that are gone. I also just realized that over half of another album was gone as well, Code Orange's "Forever" tracks 5-11. As a result of turning on the unavailable songs, I did see that the playlist that had the Soul Asylum album is completely full (hit the 10,000 song mark) and the album is not there. So they are somehow being deleted I guess. I hope there is a way to fix this, because this is kind of worrying.

Suggested posts