Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All of my playlists completely gone after 0.9.8.296g update - Resolved!

Solved!

All of my playlists completely gone after 0.9.8.296g update - Resolved!

What's going on? I have Windows 8.1 running on my desktop and I was right in the middle of a song when Spotify kicked me out and updated without asking. Very disappointed!

I read a bit, and went to recover deleted playlists in case they would be there, but it says I have no deleted playlists. I had a lot of playlists including one I was building for my wedding. I am most upset about my starred list which was my main goto and I have been building for a few years now. Is there no way to recover these lists?

edit: I was able to solve and solution in reply below.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Normally I wouldn't reply to my own post, but I've solved my problem. The solution is not an obvious one, so here goes.

Up in the left hand corner of the Spotify app window you'll see your own name, click it.

Select "profile" from the drop down menu.

The profile tab will load to "Overview" and within that you can scroll down to the "Public Playlists" section.

All I had to do was click the title of my "Starred "list and all of a sudden all of my lists appeared over to the left where they always had been before.

It seems silly that this simple, yet not at all obvious process, solved a problem that was causing me such angst. Hope it helps anyone else having the problem!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Normally I wouldn't reply to my own post, but I've solved my problem. The solution is not an obvious one, so here goes.

Up in the left hand corner of the Spotify app window you'll see your own name, click it.

Select "profile" from the drop down menu.

The profile tab will load to "Overview" and within that you can scroll down to the "Public Playlists" section.

All I had to do was click the title of my "Starred "list and all of a sudden all of my lists appeared over to the left where they always had been before.

It seems silly that this simple, yet not at all obvious process, solved a problem that was causing me such angst. Hope it helps anyone else having the problem!

Sounds like Spotify failed to pull your playlist data from the servers when it started and opening your profile prompted a refresh.

Glad it solved it for you! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts