Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All of my songs have disappeared

Solved!

All of my songs have disappeared

All of my songs on my spotify account have disapeared, including the ones I have starred. Is there a way I can get them all back?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Has anything else disappeared such as your followers or people you are following? If so, it's likely you've logged in with the wrong details - an email address instead of a username or the other way around. Try loging out and back in.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Has anything else disappeared such as your followers or people you are following? If so, it's likely you've logged in with the wrong details - an email address instead of a username or the other way around. Try loging out and back in.

All of my songs have disappeared too, apart from the ones I've added in the last 7 days. I've tried logging out and back in but there is no change, the songs are also missing from the mobile app... All the songs were there when I used spotify last night

To clarify, I've lost all of the songs in the 'Songs' folder. All of my playlists are intact though

Where you adding tracks in large batches before then? Unfortunately you might have hit this very annoying bug:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Desktop-Adding-Large-Number-of-Tracks-breaks-Your-Music/td-p/76...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes I have been... I added all my starred music (about 4,000 songs) to the 'Songs' folder, and then deleted my starred songs... It's odd because all my songs appeared to be there last night, Is there any way of recovering the starred songs I deleted? Because otherwise I have lost all my saved music, which I have spent years putting together!

Also another odd things is that my starred playlist (which I had removed all the songs from) says it contains 80 songs at the top, but then it only lists 4 songs (which seem to be random songs from my orginal list of starred songs).

The support team should be able to restore them for you if you get in touch with them directly using the online contact form.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem except all my songs are gone from my starred playlist! I just restarted my computer (Windows 7) and my entire starred playlist disappeared! Almost 3,000 tracks disappeared! I tried to log in and out using my Facebook, email, different username, etc. as I found was suggested on the community in a few places and it didn't do anything. The playlist is also empty on my iPad. Can anyone help me!? I tried emailing Spotify and they haven't done anything 😞

Same here. If they can't fix this I will cancel my Premium subscription.

Hi @ambervignieri and @nmlss777,

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. They are able to fix this for you.

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I've tried contacting them twice now and have gotten no response. I responded to the email directing me to the community saying I still needed help and haven't heard back. I'm starting to think no one will help me, which is really frustrating since I love using Spotify but obviously I can't use it if all my music is gone!

@ambervignieri When have you sent the reply? Spotify usually responds within 24-48 hours.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hey @ambervignieri are all of your other playlists visible when you sign in? Or is it just your Starred playlist that is now empty? 

I can see 48 tracks in your account so you should be able to see them just fine. Are you signing in with your Spotify username and password?

All of my other playlists are visible and I can't see those 48 tracks. Sometimes I can see that there should be 48 tracks in there (which is also wrong, my starred playlist originally had almost 3,000 songs in it) and there are no songs displayed, and other times it says there are zero songs in there. I'm signing in with my Spotify username and password. I'm in contact with Spotify customer support and nothing they've tried has worked. I'm getting really frustrated. There's no reason all of the songs I've compiled over the past 4 years should disappear randomly one day with no way of getting them back...

Totally agree! I just updated today and lost everything--on both phone app and desktop! Thousands of songs compiled over years. It's ridiculous! I've tried logging out, logging in, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing is working! 

This just happened to me. I tried to fix it by logging out and logging bac it but that didn't work. 

I did however manage to fix it by Quitting the entire program and restarting it again. If that doesn't work, try shutting down your computer and reopening it.

yeah i mean like seriously ???? i have been saving those precious beyonce 's songs and albums !!!! now it is all gone like where did you go girl WHYYYYYY

This happened to me just recently and I have spent over a year putting it together

1 month of songs folder disapered.
The oldest ones seems to be there, but not shure.
Tryed to delete app from iphone, restarted lap top, but nothing works.
Just sent a question to Spotify, hope they can fix it.

Suggested posts