Free

Country

USA

Device

Desktop Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was having an issue with followed friends' music history not showing up in the side-bar, so I was doing trouble-shooting things like uninstall/reinstall, and upon re-installing, all of my saved/favourited songs and artists were gone. It only shows local files. If it matters, my spotify account is linked to my facebook and "log in with facebook" is the only way I know how to log in.

I checked on my phone and the saved songs still show up there, so I uninstalled again and switched to the windows 10 desktop app to see if that would fix it. It did not fix it, so then I tried re-starting. I've tried logging out and then logging back in. None of it fixes the issue. I had over 33k songs favourited and I don't know what I'm going to do. All of that trouble-shooting also didn't fix the issue with following friends, either.

EDITED TO ADD:
When searching for songs on desktop app, it shows that they are still favourited but they don't show up in my favourites tab.

2 Replies

Hey there @nukeysenpai and welcome to the community!

This a known issue with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating it. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

That didn't work either. 😞 It says e0390c51d1

even though i ran from admin. this is probably out of your pay grade at this point. thank you for the quick response, though.

Suggested posts