Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Windows 10 Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 64 bit

My Question or Issue:

Whenever I try to play any track, Spotify is unable to play the song and simply skips every song en-masse. I read a few other threads stating to try switching audio output devices, which I tried. Music will play perfectly fine if I select my headset. Playing music then works correctly on any output device until the app is closed, as then it refuses to play through speakers again. While this workaround is functioning for now, it's rather annoying to have to swap audio devices constantly. Any help with getting the speakers to work from the get-go would be greatly appreciated!

(I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for my ASUS Xonar DSK audio card to no avail)

UPDATE: Run as administrator fixes the problem, but I'm considering this a workaround and not an actual solution.

5 Replies

Hey there @TheDarkEra!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the app and re-downloading it from the Windows Store?

If that doesn't make a difference, you can try disabling hardware acceleration:

1. Click Edit in the menu bar. Select Preferences.
  2. Scroll down and uncheck Hardware acceleration.
  3. Restart Spotify.

Keep us posted on how it goes! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i am having the exact same issue, except mine will not play through headphones either. i have reinstalled the app and still it skips every song. help please!

I'm in the same boat too. Nothing is playing. I've also uninstalled, and reinstalled, and checked for any blocked websites in the hosts file in my computer. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ 

I had a problem with skipping songs also.

My solution was:  execute as administrator

I have determined that "Run as admin" is working, however hardware acceleration has no effect. Please advise how to proceed.

Suggested posts