Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been having this problem since yesterday, for some reason on desktop specifically (not on mobile) every single individual song is grayed out, but when I click the green play button on the playlist name on the home page, it plays. The only issue is I can't pick a specific song to play, and if I try to use my phone as a controller like I do sometimes, it won't show my computer as a device. I've tried closing Spotify (including the background tasks) and opening it up again, checking my internet connection (it's perfectly fine), looking through the settings, trying other playlists... nothing's working for me. I'm so confused about what's going on, and all I want to know is how to fix it. I can still listen to the music, that part is perfectly fine, but I can't select individual songs or change the song outside of going forwards and backwards. I've attached examples from three different themed playlists I have

spotify songs grayed 1.PNG
spotify songs grayed 2.PNG
spotify songs grayed 3.PNG
1 Reply

Hi @royalpanmeister,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're happy to look further into this.

What we would suggest first is to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts