Announcements

All songs not playing. I keep getting a "This song is not available."

Solved!

All songs not playing. I keep getting a "This song is not available."

Ive tried everything to uninstalling, unchecking all Local Files boxes and nothing works. Everytime I try to play any song on my Spotify I get a message that states. "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Ive tried all of my song and some in browse and none of them are working. I am using Spotify on my Wondows PC. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! That doesn't sound cool at all. Try this:
-Close Spotify.
-Type %appdata% into the Windows search bar.
-Navigate into Local and find a folder named Spotify 
-Delete this folder.
-Start Spotify up again.

It should let you listen to tracks again now.

Hope that helps and it'd be great if you can get back to me to confirm it works or if it hasn't! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! That doesn't sound cool at all. Try this:
-Close Spotify.
-Type %appdata% into the Windows search bar.
-Navigate into Local and find a folder named Spotify 
-Delete this folder.
-Start Spotify up again.

It should let you listen to tracks again now.

Hope that helps and it'd be great if you can get back to me to confirm it works or if it hasn't! 

Having this same issue! I can use my phone and web player just fine.

Tried adjusting settings on and off, reinstalling, deleting local files. Nothing

Any more ideas?

Hey @Damarus! Could be an audio driver issue. 
I'd suggest trying to update if my other post failed.
To do so:
-Close Spotify
-Type Drivers into the windows search bar and select Update device drivers
-Click on Sound, Video and Game Controllers
-Right click on the device you use for output audio 
-Click Update 
-Open Spotify and check if it works. 

Hope that helps.

It’s possible, but I know they are up to date but will try again. I use an audio interface so I don’t know if this could be causing an issue.

Seems very odd @Damarus!
The only things I can think of at the moment is to clean reinstall the audio drivers and try it that way. I'd suggest also trying to run spotify through a different audio output device, it's a longshot but always worth a try.

Sorry these issues are persisting and thank you for your patience!

So for future reference, for everyone reading this thread, It's definitley related to audio output sources. Updating audio drivers as listed above does help.

My main issue is that I use an audio interface (music composing) and Spotify aparently does not like running through that (scarlett Focusrite). If I switch my audio output device to the main 'realtek' device coming through the computer, THEN open spotifiy, the songs DO play. I obviously cant hear anthing because nothing is plugged into that port, but it's a start.

Hey @Damarus

I'm maybe just shooting in the air as I'm not too familiar with audio interfaces, but maybe there's a setting within yours similar to what another user found:

If you have a Mac go to LaunchPad> Audio MIDI Setup > on Scarlett right click on "Use this device for sound output"

Let me know if that was of anything useful 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts