Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

HP Elitebook 840 G1

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

People I really don't know what to do now. All songs are unplayable on my computer. All. Phone works just fine and you can see every song that play on the phone on computer. (Spotify Connect) But when I switch to computer all just stop right away. I have reinstalled computer and phone app several times. Deleted offline divices in my account, restarted everything and even deleted all cache of those app. But after I deleted all info /cache on my account on computer everything dissapeared. 

Now all of my playlists are empty! Artist list are empty, song list are empty even Discover Weekly and Release Radar.

Absolute all is gone BUT ONLY on COMPUTER. Everything is working on phone and nothing is lost there. I tried to log out several times and reinstall the app on my detskop (AFTER THAT deleting cache) but everything is still empty plus that no one song is playable. 

What can be wrong? Internet is fine, Computer is overall fine too. But that dumb app just get worse and worse. I have never seen something like that. Now I have list all I have done and I'm glad if someone suggest me a solution. Keep in mind that I had contact with customer services three times! So this must be something more serious than deleting cache or reinstall averything. I always use new setup when dowloading the app again.

Web player don't work too if you are interested ( SAME PROBLEM). Only phone device work as it should.

Worst scenario is if I need to delete my account. All advices except that one is appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry for my bad english I hope you understand what I mean.

The photo is about what I have (found on google), but without any warnings or troublecodes.

nervana.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @izebag!

This issue is reported by some other users as well, this seems to be an issue specific to desktop client. There is a solution suggested by another user here. Can you give it a try and let me know if it works? Thanks in advance 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @izebag!

This issue is reported by some other users as well, this seems to be an issue specific to desktop client. There is a solution suggested by another user here. Can you give it a try and let me know if it works? Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi and thanks for your advice Mantisentil. I used you link and tried out what I could do. To be honest that manipulation with the hosts drivers as explained there didn't work.

I will explain step by step what I did:

1. Open spotify as administrator. (Right button on mouse)

2. Wrote 

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

on computer search. Where you search for programs or files. (Left down corner on screen) On answers I found a folder called "etc".

3. Open that folder and there was a hanful of driver as promised and one of them was called "hosts". 

4. Open that file using word pad then notes and tried to change or delete the spotify line in both programs. But I couldn't. My administration rights was not enought (don't understand why cause I'm administrator alredy). 

5. I thought then Eh **bleep** that let's play yolo and.... DELETED ALL HOSTS. 

And how crazy it may sound, but after restartig spotify everything went on!??

Now I'm not sure if those hosts are something important but until now I haven't noticed any program failures. Even my friend activity started work on spotify (didn't work before).

So I'm still glad for your answer. Now I will wait and oversee for several weeks if the problem is fully solved. Then if I not forget I will answer again. 

Again, thanks for help.

@izebag

Please also check this. I hope this issue will be addressed soon by Spotify.

Problem is solved, just not sure if permanent. Read whole description.
Again
Thanks for help.

I did the same, works nice. Thank youuuu !

Suggested posts