Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alphabetizing Playlist

Solved!

Alphabetizing Playlist

Can the playlist be sorted alphabetized?

87 Replies

Thanks for the help, but sorting by dragging is not the same as setting the
list of playlists to alphabetical order! Sort alphabetically by pulling and
dragging playlists!? That doesn't make sense when one has 100s of
playlists, as I do.

If there's anything further that can be done, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sol

I cannot understand why it should be so difficult to add this feature, its one of the most logical things one could expect to be possible. It's a working feature on the mobile version of spotify on my android smartphone . So plse listen to your customers wishes !

I have TONS of playlists and get tired of manually alphabetizing them. Isn't there a way to sort them alphabetically yet?

@caylih26 wrote:

Yes you can sort them that way! Spotify's website tells you how and it's great

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/sorting-and-filtering/

It's just like hitting the title sort button in itunes or on the computer it is amazing and fairly easy. Just make sure you are pulling the playlist all the way up till you see the semi faded filter search bar. Its right next to that. Not the Edit Playlist one cause it took me a minute to figure it out. Just pull up till it won't let ou anymore. 

Nope, it doesn't work that way and that's why this problem will never be solverd. Spotify tends to fail in the most stupid things.

@hisen1 wrote:
What does this infer? What does this tell us about Spotify? Has anyone from Spotify ever tried to provide support? Ever been part of the conversation? As far as I know, the answer is a big NO!! So it's not rocket science to conclude that Spotify does not listen or care about their customers. Since they are the way they are, and I'm sure you have way to describe them. Put your words into action, campaign for what you want!! Use social media, email their support team, letters, whatever it takes to have their CEO hear our voice !!

Spotify doesn't give a rat's **bleep** about us, paying customers. Maybe is because the company is broke and they're going down just as bad as the Titanic in her day. Sad, very sad. The worst part is that this could be avoided but they never do anything about all the annoyances people have been complaining about through many years. A very stupid way of doing things, but hey, it's their way.

You can bin them into folders and go from there. Right click on a playlist and select create folder. It isn't exactly a sort by alphabetical. This works more like a directory system. Implementing both would be nice but I am not holding my breath. 

spot1.PNG

unbelievable that you cannot alphabeticize your playlist listing.

Sort playlists in Your Library

To reorder your list of playlists in the menu on the left, just click and hold a playlist title to move it up or down.

You can also organize your playlists into folders:

1. Right-click a playlist in the menu on the left of the desktop app.
  2. Select Create folder.
  3. Give it a name and press enter.
  4. Drag playlists to a folder. You can even create folders within folders.

Suggested posts