Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Always Playing The First Track?

Solved!

Always Playing The First Track?

Recently Spotify has been always JUST playing the first track on my saved artists, regardless of what song I click on, so I have to scroll down with buttons to pick. Another thread picked this up, and said it might be the result of a recent upgrade. Is there any way I can report this as a bug to make Spotify aware? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kelseamckenna, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Spotify is already aware of this issue and they're working on fixing it. Please add your feedback and keep up to date on the status of this bug in this Ongoing Issues post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Saved-album-song-selection-bug/idc-p/1619645

Please let me know if I can do anything else for you 🙂

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @kelseamckenna, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Spotify is already aware of this issue and they're working on fixing it. Please add your feedback and keep up to date on the status of this bug in this Ongoing Issues post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Saved-album-song-selection-bug/idc-p/1619645

Please let me know if I can do anything else for you 🙂

Have the same problem, can you let me know when there will be a solution pls ?

@Hugo_brt,

The thread I linked above will be updated when this issue has been addressed 🙂 Please follow it/subscribe to it to be kept up to date on its status.

Yup, it seems like a bug in the latest upgrade.

Have the same issue here and using the app for Mac OS.

Why isn't this fixed yet - when you break your software you should fix it a little quicker don't you think?  This isn't a bug it's a complete loss of control in your application.

Thankfully a new version of Spotify (1.0.52.725.g943b26a8) has just appeared which seems to have fixed this problem.

Still persists in in mentioned version.

EDIT: looks like my version got displayed wrong. After checking again it suddenly was a different one and offered me a download.

It does seem to be fixed in the newest version: 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8

Thanks Spotify, next time you break the app that bad lets see some more urgency.

Still present in the latest 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6

So.. it's been several releases already. Is this bug not considered to be a priority?

Try updating or reinstalling, that's not the current version.  This is 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8

One of my playlists always defaults next track to the first track in the playlist... 

Whats the deal

Also the app has been really buggy recently - constantly freezing, taking ages to open pages etc

This is still happening to me too.
Pick a track, it plays, next song it jumps to the top of the playlist and stops playing...
I would like a refund for any months payment whilst this is ongoing please

Suggested posts