Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Login Failed

App Login Failed

So I was trying to log into the app on my PC but it tells me my password is wrong. If I login to spotfiy on the normal website it works perfectly fine. Any fix to this?

18 Replies

I have the same problem. I'm 100% sure my username and password are correct. I can log into the web player but the client. I'm not logging in with Facebook, just my email. 

Hey guys!

Sorry for the inconvenience! 

A few other users have reported the same problem.

There is currently a login problem affecting some users that Spotify is working on a fix for.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

UPDATE:

Hey guys! I have just gotten confirmation that this problem should now be fixed. Please keep trying to login. The fix might be a little slow, so please continue trying over the next hour or so.

I told you guys I was getting this looked into for you. Glad I was able to help with this.

Enjoy!

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm having the same problem, still can't log in either :L

The fix is still being rolled out for this. It should be fixed within the next few hours.

Every once in a while please try to see if you can then login.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@user-removed 

Sorry for the incorrect information in my post. I have corrected it.

I have been tracking two sepearte issues, but both are being fixed right now. I originally posted about the premium problem, but have corrected it with information about the login problem.

The login problem should be fixed within the next few hours. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm having an issue logging in with the desktop app as well... 

It keeps saying.. "Login Failed. You will get an SMS shortly with a code to use for logging in." 

I haven't received any SMS or emails though, and my information is correct since I can login to my account on the website just fine.

Any idea what the problem is? ๐Ÿ˜•

I am having this same problem. I just signed up with Spotify tonight and downloaded the application on my desktop Mac.  I can sign in easily to web Spotify. Unfortunately, using my same username and password for the desktop application, it says "Login failed, The username or password is incorrect. If you need more help, see our help pages."

I went to the help pages but that did not have a solution. I have reset my password. I have also reinstalled the application several times. Same Login failed message. 

Help Please!

Well, now it works this morning. So maybe there was just a delay or someone fixed it with customer service. 

Alright so i am having the same problem also. Every time i go to my playlist it neverloads completely so first i tried to clear the catch on my phone's app data under spotify, that didnt work. then i tried to clear all info related  to spotify and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, didnt work. then i tired to sign in on my phone and it says wrong password. so now i have 2 problems and when i sign in on the desktop it lets me sign in but when i try to sign in on the desktop's version of the media player it says its the wrong password. but it cant be the wrong password because i am able to sign in and out of acount setting and even change my password from there (Which i have tryed troubleshooting with mutltiple times). But still cant sign into the desktop version or the phone but i can in the settings....

Was having the same problem earlier, simply just waited and it cleared up eventually but still dont know specifics to the probelm

Still having this problem. Just downloaded the app and cannot login with spotify creds. Able to login in web, but not desktop (I just joined spotify - never downloaded and run desktop client, this is the first time)

K, just started work in the morning. Looks like they just have a slow replication with db used to authorize desktops

Same problem today 6 Feb 2016: Login works on the web page. does not work on the "app" on my Windows laptop. Hmm. Not very useful this thing... Error code: 3

Affecting me now too - logging in fine through browser; not signing in at all with identical credentials on app.  Premium account.  Really annoying.

may 15 same issue linux mint 17

i have the same problem

I have this problem too. Not fixed.

Suggested posts