NEXT STEP

App Won't Open

App Won't Open

Plan

Premium

Operating System

(Windows 7)

My Question or Issue

Hello, recently I closed everything off of my computer, as to allow an update. Everything opened back uo normally except for Spotify. At first I got a notification that the launcher was unable to install something. This has happened before and I've been able to get it to work if I hit "Retry" a few times. This time, I hit retry and nothing happened for around fifteen minutes. Then, I went to run it as an administrator. Nothing happened. I tried clicking the app on the taskbar, and it lit up for a couple seconds like it was opening, and then faded back down. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, troubleshooting, everything. I've read through every thread I can find on here and nothing I've seen has worked. 

10 Replies

I think you already tried it, but if not, i had the same issue that spotify didnt open up after a update.

After i restarted my pc, it worked as usually.

Also, did you download the app from the website of spotify or from the microsoft store? Try it, maybe it will help.

I wish you good luck and have a nice day.

~Levi

I also just got this bug (same specs), happened after an update 8 hours ago... Also, reinstalled and restarted a few times, but didn't fix the problem.

sorry to hear that, hope youll find a solution!

Good luck!

~Levi

I have the same problem, I guess. Windows 7. Spotify version 1.1.5.152.gf0f488f1 according to Windows. I cant open Spotify (just nothing happens, no process starts), I cant uninstall Spotify and I cant reinstall Spotify. Because just nothing happens.

Exactly same issue as Blup1. Simply refusing to start, and a restart hasn't worked.

Same Problem. Spotify works on this issue.

If you can't uninstall Spotify like me:

1. Delete Spotify.exe in %AppData%/Spotify (C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Spotify)
  2. Remove "Update" folder from %LocalAppData%/Spotify (C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Spotify).

After, download Spotify 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f (not buggy version) from https://www.spotify.com/fr/download/windows/

It works for me, for the time being...

Worked for me. Thanks!

@Peter wrote:

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience so far.

This should now be fixed for everyone!

If you have any further issues with this in the future, make sure to open a new thread in the help boards and we'll look into it further.

Take care!

-> https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Can-t-start-Spotify-Windows-7-Desktop-Application/id...

This worked for me.

thank you so so much. It did work.

Suggested posts