Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop app crashing on Windows after latest update

Hey folks,

We've received some reports mentioning that after the recent update, the Windows Desktop app is closing itself when logging in, during playback or finishing a song. 

This issue happens on both versions of the app: the client one, as well as the Microsoft Store application.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that the root cause has been discovered, so this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Sometimes, if I drag the volume slider to max, my app will randomly crash. If it doesn't crash as soon as I put it to max, it will crash randomly about 5 minutes later. This does not happen if it is on any volume other than max/very close to max.

Taylith

Hello there @user-removed and thanks for reaching out.

I haven't heard any other reports of this issue so I cannot suggest a "quick fix" but let's try some basic troubleshooting steps.

• clear app cache
  • restart your device
  • log out and back in
  • try on a different device, if possible
  • try a different network, if possible
  • Perform a clean reinstall of the app, shouldn't clear your data or anything.

I'll be waiting to hear from you, thanks 💚

Hi there, I've done what you suggested and I am still experiencing the issue. 
I also tried on my phone and the issue doesn't happen.

Syf3r

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Starting today, the app has been crashing mostly it seems when going to a new song. I looked in the event viewer and saw the following error with the app.

Spoiler

Faulting application name: Spotify.exe, version: 1.1.87.612, time stamp: 0x629a1dbe
Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.708, time stamp: 0x2041d31d
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x002132c1
Faulting process id: 0x1e1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d87cdc4afb5dcb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_1.187.612.0_x86__zpdnekdrzrea0\Spotify.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\combase.dll
Report Id: 79021765-de1f-4f6a-9c8a-113ec021bf2c
Faulting package full name: SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_1.187.612.0_x86__zpdnekdrzrea0
Faulting package-relative application ID: Spotify

I should also note that this only started happening today. Everything was working fine yesterday.

Marwin_

Yup I have the same problem. 

florinradu

Same problem here. My Windows version is 10 Pro 1709, with the updates disabled.

Lianzzz

Also have the same issue... just deleted and got an old version 

14n

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Huawei laptop

Operating System

Windows 11 Home and I use Firefox

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps on crashing. It is supposed to start up automatically, but often does not. It may play a track or two and then it crashes and the programme closes down. I have re-installed, but that has made no difference. This has never happened before. I am not computer literate, so simple suggestions please!

darkusline

same issue. anyone knows sum solutions??

egret85
I am also having this same issue for the last couple of days on Windows 10.