Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App doesn't work after Windows 10 update

App doesn't work after Windows 10 update

Recently, I've updated my laptop to Windows 10 Version 1903, and my Spotify app doesn't work anymore. 

I've tried reinstalling, restarting my laptop and everything that I could possibly think. 

Anyone having the same trouble? or anyone knows how to fix this?

10 Replies

Hey there @JoshGungeee,

thanks for posting !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue.

Can you please explain what you mean by "not working" ?

- The app does not open

- It opens but has a black sceen

- Does not play any tracks 

- Slow

Any info you can provide will be great so i would know how to help 🙂

@OneByBoo

Thanks for helping me. 

I am able to click on the app and it shows the app has been launched on the taskbar, but it does not appear on the desktop. Sometimes the window is transparent and untouchable, sometimes it's black, and most of the time it does not open at all. 

Hey @JoshGungeee,

thanks for quick update !

Have you tried installing the Microsoft version of Spotify to see if it does the trick ?

If not, try it and let me know how it goes.

Note: make sure to completly remove Spotify before installing the new version

Waiting on your update 🙂

@OneByBoo

I've tried that already. I've uninstalled the old app and tried installing the app from the Microsoft Store and also from the website. It doesn't work either way. 

Hey @JoshGungeee,

Next step would be to completly remove your app, use any Registry issue scanner you can find and scan your PC for any issues.

You might have traces of old installations interupting the app.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

This is the most frustrating thing ever. After upgrading to Windows version 1909, none of my Local Files - .mp3S - play with sound. In fact, if I go back to play the same track with no sound, the track now shows as unavailable in my Local Files. This is nuts. None of the fixes or hacks from Support has worked to this point. Something is clearly wrong.

I think this may be the same issue as this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Windows-10-On-startup-Spotify-starts-taking-3-5-GB-...

I've having the same problem. Desktop or Microsoft Store app same issue, tried clean install everything.

The app launches doesn't correctly load and crashes. Been happening for a couple of weeks now.

I've noticed the huge RAM spike on launch.

This is crazy. I have been working with Support and have tried every idea and nothing works. Ironically, the same Local Files that play on Spotify with no sounds, plays on iTunes WITH sound. Just nuts

6-30-2020 i still have the same issue and cant find a solution........... wth

LOL....mine still doesn't work either. May I ask you a question? Do you
have Windows Media Player installed? I know Windows discontinued it but
curious. For some reason, I think this is the problem. I don't have it
installed so I can't play my Local Files.

Suggested posts