Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App has no sound

App has no sound

Device

PC - Windows 10

My Question or Issue

App doesnt play any sound. Correct audio device, streaming device and isnt muted from the little bar where you adjust the volume. There is no error message. Browser and Android app works fine on the same account.

I've tried setting changes, re installing and deleting appdata. Has worked pretty flawlessly for months, being muted problem would be for a few secounds as i opened the app for the first time upon turning on my pc, but now suddenly just stopped from working totally.

3 Replies

Hi there @banduliinu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step to try is to remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this occurs with just Spotify or different music streaming services?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello, sorry it took me awhile to respond!

I've tried the same steps for a clean reinstall on Windows 10. 
I'm  not quite sure if it was a miss type on your part or a misunderstanding of my writing, but to be clear my phone's android application works totally fine, nothing wrong with that one, its just my desktop windows 10 application with the problem.

There were no addresses in the hosts file with spotify in it.
I don't use any other music streaming services other than spotify.

i hope to figure out this issue soon, i appreciate the help!

Hi @banduliinu,

Thanks for the info.

Something else you can try is the following:

1. Right-Click on the Sound icon in your taskbar
  2. Select Sounds
  3. Go to Playback> Your active audio device > Properties
  4. Go to Advanced
  5. Select one of the lower quality settings

Let us know if that makes a difference.

It would also be good if you play a song from Spotify, in the Playback menu you can check if the soundbars are moving, indicating if there is sound reaching the playback device at all.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts