Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App keeps closing, radio keeps stopping

App keeps closing, radio keeps stopping

I have a tanning studio open from 7 am to 10 pm, music is of extreme importance.

I downloaded spotify and usually play the pop radio and leave it always on. But every morning I come in to find either spotify closed or the radio just stopped playing. I'm using a Lumia with windows, under a strong wifi connection.

Tried all the ordinary fixes (phone is up to date, and so is spotify). Phone is plugged in so no chance it shuts down or reebots. I need to find a solution.

1 Reply

Hey @spaziobeauty

That's strange! However, as a fellow owner of a Windows Phone, I'd be very surprised if any app like this works that long in one go. :')

There are a few things you can try doing, still:

Soft reset (see this guide). Make sure you do the Soft Reset part, Hard Reset is equal to factory reset. Before you do the soft reset, unpin Live Tiles.

If Live Tiles (those with pictures etc) aren't important anyway, you can turn them off by going to "All Settings" and searching for "Background Apps". From there you can toggle the apps that you don't want the live tiles for. (note - not all apps have this setting)

Make sure you have enough internal memory.

Conclusively, from my experience, apps on WinPhone need to be restarted now and then, otherwise they don't end up functional. The OS closes unresponsive apps anyway.

Let me know if you have more questions 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts