Free

Country

Romania

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I launch Spotify, it always launches on my primary monitor, instead of the second one. Please read this through, this isn't the issue with the desktop icon, simply the app. It is very enervating. I have gone through a full reinstall, but still, primary monitor spotify choses.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @LucaForever,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try to maximize the Spotify app on your secondary monitor and then switch it off. Once you launch it again it should open on the secondary monitor. I'm running a dual monitor set up and it works like that for me.

If that doesn't do the trick try going into windows settings and change which monitor is set to Primary and which to secondary. As on some systems this will have an effect on some apps.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @LucaForever

Help’s here!

If what you tried so far didn't help you might need to try running a clean reinstall after cleaning up the hosts file on your PC. To do this, simply follow the steps described here.   

In case you need more help with the clean reinstall, check out this help page. 

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

This does not help, as I even mentioned I did multiple reinstalls, and again, to no avail.

Please give me an actual response, not a bot message.
Marked as solution

Hi there @LucaForever,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try to maximize the Spotify app on your secondary monitor and then switch it off. Once you launch it again it should open on the secondary monitor. I'm running a dual monitor set up and it works like that for me.

If that doesn't do the trick try going into windows settings and change which monitor is set to Primary and which to secondary. As on some systems this will have an effect on some apps.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I fixed this by downgrading, but now I have the infamous problem that everyone was mentioning that the icon starts on the wrong screen. But thank you for at least reading my reply.

Hi @LucaForever

Thanks for letting us know that.

We suggest that you run the latest version of the app on your device to ensure optimal performance. 

Could you let us know if you tried the steps @Alex sent before? If you did, let us know if you noticed changes. 

In case that the issue persists, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end?

We'll be keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The thing that worked for me was moving Spotify to my second monitor, in windowed mode, closing the whole app. When it opens again (it should stay on the second monitor in windowed mode) put it on full screen and once you close + reopen the app it should start properly. 

Same thing as Discord's second monitor fix basically

Yeah, this did not help.

How can we actually make this a bug report and not just arbitrary copy and paste of basic troubleshooting tips or telling us to completely uninstall and reinstall? 

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for even calling your comments help, and more so ashamed to have marked this as "Solved."

Seriously, as the OP said, every single one of you posting this overly polite PR tech support bot responses aren't helping, you're just blatantly adding to the enshittification of this service. You're not real tech support, you're not real moderators, you're just people doing the bare minimum to make this forum seem active so Spotify can say they're listening to user feedback when they obviously aren't.

I'm sorry, there's no way you guys can go through your day thinking any of your responses actually helps users. This forum is useless except for the most basic issues people are having, anything that's an actual bug or actual issues no one seems to know how to fix or don't care.

At least be real human beings with us and level with us instead of posting these robot-like polite PR answers. You're humans, we're humans, talk to us like humans.

Mine was doing the same thing where no matter how I opened (maximized it on second monitor) the app it would still pop up on my main monitor when I opened it again. I turned Spotify off in Startup Apps and then did the same thing (moved it to second monitor, maximized it, closed the app) and then it reopened on my second monitor. I tried it windowed on my second monitor too (opened it, and it started on second monitor like I wanted it to, then windowed it, then closed it) and when I reopened it, it opened windowed on my second monitor like I wanted. So idk if it will work for you, but it only worked when I turned it off on startup apps.

Suggested posts