Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App takes a long time to start or even does not start at all.

App takes a long time to start or even does not start at all.

Plan

Premium Duo

Operating System

Win 10

Most of the time when I launch the app, I see something like this:

spotify2

and I have to wait (today like 10 minutes) before the app starts. If I close it and then try to re-open I get this message:

spotify1

Then I have to manually close spotify processes from the task manager (I assume the application cannot even shut down properly).

I've been facing this issue for ~4 months, last week I did a clean reinstall of the app and it did not help.

3 Replies

Hey there @domie,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Just to confirm, did you run the clean reinstall making sure to follow these specific steps? We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If you did and it didn't help, try clearing the host files by following the steps you'll find here.

Lastly, make sure that Spotify doesn't have any restrictions from your firewall or antivirus as they might interfere with the app's performance.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@CarlosE
the issue still persits, today I took like 20mins for the app to load.

Hey @domie,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if you've carried out the troubleshooting suggested by @CarlosE?

There are several factors that could be hindering the performance of the app. So we'd need to narrow down the possible cause.

Note that if you're logging in with multiple accounts or have a very large library (thousands of songs) this could be causing the slow performance.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts