Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist I've never played or heard of appears on Home - Recently Played

Artist I've never played or heard of appears on Home - Recently Played

While on the home section under Recently Played, this artist called Char appears. I've never listened or heard of this artist before, so why is it appearing? Clicking the 3 dots does not allow me the option to remove him.

I've uninstalled the desktop version and reinstalled, but he keeps appearing. I've listened other artists, but that section does not update at all.

Anyone else have this issue

Char.JPG
3 Replies

Hey @r121,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you've come across artists unexpectedly featured in your Recently Played, it'd be good to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article as well as this one. They feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

This should also help avoid the same or other unwanted artists to be played with your Spotify and, as a consequence, preserve the integrity of your Recently Played.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The links are suggesting this is because my account has been hacked. I'm not sure this is the case. 

I'll open up my desktop app and listen to a variety of things, but my recently played never changes. Why is this?

Hi @r121,

Thanks for your question! 

Check this, it will shed more light on the subject.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts