Audio distortion in all songs

Highlighted

Audio distortion in all songs

Niklas_mp3
Casual Listener

Hello everyone,

I have a problem which has annoyed me for more than a year now which makes the music listening with the desktop app almost unusable. After any song playing for around 1 minute, the audio gets distorted / crumbles (like in the attached MP3) for around 1 second, resumes for 1 second and then crumble again until I skip to the next song or pause and resume it. I have tried the following things:

- restart Spotify

- restart computer

- reinstall windows 10 (clean)

- reinstalled/uninstalled audio driver

- tried different spotify settings

- tried different windows settings

- switching accounts

I only have this problem on my main PC and not on my laptop. I have had this problem since I switched from Intel to AMD (Ryzen R5 1600 on an Asus B350 Mainboard).

Has somebody experienced this problem themselves or has a solution for me to try? I've searched all around the internet but haven't found anything that describes my problem. Thanks in advance :)

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Custom-built PC

Operating System

Windows 10

4 Replies

Re: Audio distortion in all songs

Rising Star 11 nactigi
Rising Star 11

Is it happening when you're listening your downloaded songs too? If yes, i think the problem is your Spotify PC version. Is it up to date? The problem is can't be your hardware i think. If it is, you'll hear same sounds when you're listening songs on YouTube etc.

nactigiRising Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Niklas_mp3
Casual Listener

Hello nactigi,

Yes, the problem is present when listening to downloaded songs, Spotify is up-to-date, so is Windows and all the drivers.

Rising Star 11 nactigi
Rising Star 11

Okay i'm trying to solve your problem :D Have you tried Spotify Web Player? Is there same problem too?

nactigiRising Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Niklas_mp3
Casual Listener
No, the web player works perfectly fine and I used it as a temp solution because of the limited feature-set.
SUGGESTED POSTS